Back to topics

Engine mount
VAUXHALL Insignia Mk I (A) Hatchback (G09)

• VAUXHALL Insignia Mk I (A) Hatchback (G09) 2.0 CDTI (68)
    @user_1858348 Sep 11, 2023
    2013 Insignia cdti How do I replace the rear engine mount? The two long bolts won’t slide off do I need to remove the power steering OR drop the subframe? 
    Thank you 
    I can’t afford garages atm 

Started

Latest reply

Replies

Views

• @CallumHicks Sep 12, 2023

Replacing the rear engine mount on a 2013 Opel Insignia CDTI can be a complex task, and it may require some disassembly. The two long bolts you mentioned can sometimes be challenging to remove due to limited space. Here’s a general procedure to replace the rear engine mount, but please note that it may vary based on the exact model and configuration of your vehicle:

1. Safety Precautions: Ensure the vehicle is on a stable surface, and use proper safety gear, including eye protection. Disconnect the negative battery terminal.

2. Raise the Vehicle: Lift the front of the vehicle using a jack and secure it on jack stands to provide better access to the rear engine mount.

3. Support the Engine: Before removing the engine mount, it’s crucial to support the weight of the engine using an engine support bar or a hydraulic jack and a block of wood placed under the oil pan.

4. Remove Components: You may need to remove components that obstruct access to the engine mount. This can include parts of the exhaust system, heat shields, and possibly the power steering components or brackets, depending on your specific vehicle’s configuration.

5. Loosen and Remove Bolts: Use appropriate tools to loosen and remove the bolts securing the rear engine mount. This may include the two long bolts you mentioned. If they are difficult to remove, you might need to use penetrating oil and apply some force. Ensure you have enough clearance to fully extract these bolts.

6. Replace the Mount: Once the old rear engine mount is free, replace it with the new one, aligning it correctly.

7. Reassemble: Reinstall any components you removed during the disassembly process, including brackets, power steering components, exhaust parts, and heat shields.

8. Tighten Bolts: Torque the bolts to the manufacturer’s specifications using a torque wrench. Ensure all bolts are securely fastened.

9. Lower the Vehicle: Carefully lower the vehicle off the jack stands.

10. Reconnect Battery: Reconnect the negative battery terminal.

11. Test: Start the engine and check for any unusual noises or vibrations. Ensure that the engine is properly aligned and supported.

It’s important to have the correct service manual or repair instructions for your specific vehicle to guide you through the process, as there may be variations in the procedure based on engine type and other factors. If you’re not comfortable performing this task yourself, it’s advisable to have a qualified mechanic or technician carry out the replacement to ensure it’s done correctly and safely.

Only registered users may reply to topics and posts

Install the AUTODOC CLUB app!

Your personal car expenses manager, maintenance tips, reminders about upcoming appointments and service intervals, DIY repair instructions – all this on your phone.

Autodoc CLUB app qr-code
Scan

To download the app:

Autodoc CLUB App icon