Back to topics

electrical fault
BMW

• @user_2052535 Dec 05, 2023
    I have a 2004 series 5 automatic BMW  the battery goes flat .I have had the battery and alternator tested all good When I put an ammeter in series with the battery it shows  a drain of 4amps {some 48 watts ] ,This is with the car doors closed and the ignition key out of the car Without having to draw each fuse in turn to try and find the fault any suggestions ?

Started

Latest reply

Replies

Views

• @Hersten Dec 05, 2023

It was the same on my car, after searching everything the electrician said that the problem is in the IBS sensor, if I am not mistaken, it is in a black case on the terminal itself. The electrician did something with it and all the problem went away. I can not say more precisely because he did not disclose to me the information that was inside. Maybe you should have someone check it. It was in my car but I can’t tell you exactly what’s wrong with yours.

• BMW 5 Touring (E61) 520 d
    @user_11367 Dec 05, 2023
    As @Hersten suggests, the IBS sensor on the battery would be the first thing to check. This is a common issue with the E60/61.

Only registered users may reply to topics and posts

Install the AUTODOC CLUB app!

Your personal car expenses manager, maintenance tips, reminders about upcoming appointments and service intervals, DIY repair instructions – all this on your phone.

Autodoc CLUB app qr-code
Scan

To download the app:

Autodoc CLUB App icon