Back to topics

Electric windows
BMW Z4 Roadster (E89)

• BMW Z4 Roadster (E89) sDrive 23 i
    @user_1550719 Apr 22, 2023
    It all started with the RH side rear window not lowering when activating the roof opening, the window would also not lower using the door switch, at that time the other windows all operated ok.
    The roof opening sequence was all OK.
    All the windows then stopped operating on the door switch, my friend has diagnostics and could open/close all windows other than the RH rear, he says he  can hear the relay clicking for the RH rear window but it will not open, all the fuses have been checked and are OK.
    I have taken out the window switch on the door (part no 9216107-01) this suits a vehicle without folding mirrors.
    Has anyone had similar issues, could it be the window master switch, a break in the wiring, or something else?
    I have found a replacement door switch, but this has the additional button for the folding mirrors, will this still work on my model? 
    HELP NEEDED!!!

Started

Latest reply

Replies

Views

Only registered users may reply to topics and posts

Install the AUTODOC CLUB app!

Your personal car expenses manager, maintenance tips, reminders about upcoming appointments and service intervals, DIY repair instructions – all this on your phone.

Autodoc CLUB app qr-code
Scan

To download the app:

Autodoc CLUB App icon