Back to topics

Cylinder head

• MITSUBISHI Colt Plus VI (Z2_W) 1.5
    @user_197820 Dec 27, 2020
    I just bought a Mitsubishi Colt 2.8tdi 2005 model and when driving I experience temperature rise after at least 40kms driving at 110 – 120kms/hr. When I stop and open hood I realise coolant was pushed out through the breather pipe attached to the radiator neck..
    I realized the radiator top tank experienced pressure and broke off from the securing clips holding it to the radiator.
    I have sent the radiator for repairs,  also found out the thermostat was missing..
    The radiator cap wasn’t closing perfectly according to my judgement because the plastic seat for it on the radiator was distorted and not flat..
    My radiator is now back, top tank replaced and radiator pressure tested. I am now looking for the right thermostat since the one I bought needs a thermostat seal to fit perfectly… 
    I am yet to fit all these back and hope it’s not anything to do with cylinder head,  or is it…??🙆‍♀️🙆‍♀️

Started

Latest reply

Replies

Views

• @Coughter Dec 30, 2020
    Maybe not everything is so scary,  just buy a thermostat and put everything in place and after the repair, it will become clear if there are problems with the head. 
    Hope for the best

Only registered users may reply to topics and posts

Install the AUTODOC CLUB app!

Your personal car expenses manager, maintenance tips, reminders about upcoming appointments and service intervals, DIY repair instructions – all this on your phone.

Autodoc CLUB app qr-code
Scan

To download the app:

Autodoc CLUB App icon