AUTODOC FORUM / Car discussions by make / VW / Clutch System Issues

Back to topics

Clutch System Issues
VW SCIROCCO (137, 138)

• @user_1314357 Dec 29, 2022

Hi,

I have recently been having issues with my clutch system, conveniently after I have had my full service and MOT.

The clutch pedal would start to stick and not come all the way up, sometimes needing my other foot to bring it back up. 

I have had a couple re bleeds on it, noticed air bubbles and bits in the oil then came to the conclusion that the master cylinder had failed and have now had this replaced.

When changing the oil I noticed the oil was very dark so I felt like this was the right move as the oil is now a lot clearer.

After using the car for around a week the problems started to creep back in with the pedal, sticking but I was able to use the car if I pumped the clutch a few times to get the fluid to the pedal, surely must mean I’m getting a lot of air? But today the pedal finally dropped and I was getting 0 resistance from it and couldn’t get it into gear.

I have just done a re bleed in it and have found there is a huge amount of air in the system so I’m curious as to how that air is getting back into the line? I am fairly adamant the slave cylinder hasn’t gone as there is barely any dampness in my undertray or near the gearbox so could a seal have failed near the slave or elsewhere?

If anybody’s had similar issues please let me know

Started

Latest reply

Replies

Views

• @Exciaming Jan 04, 2023
    Well, in addition to the master cylinder, there is also a slave cylinder, the problem may be in it now.

Only registered users may reply to topics and posts

Install the AUTODOC CLUB app!

Your personal car expenses manager, maintenance tips, reminders about upcoming appointments and service intervals, DIY repair instructions – all this on your phone.

Autodoc CLUB app qr-code
Scan

To download the app:

Autodoc CLUB App icon