AUTODOC FORUM / Car discussions by make / BMW / 2001 BMW petrol 3 series pulling to left – not wheels or tyres

Back to topics

2001 BMW petrol 3 series pulling to left – not wheels or tyres
BMW 3 Saloon (E46)

• @user_1878020 Sep 20, 2023
    Hi. 
    I wonder if anyone can offer any clues as to what might be wrong with our 2001 BMW 3 series. It was gifted to my son from his Grandad who can no longer drive it so we have not had it very long. It has only 49k miles on the clock and is in great condition however it quite significantly pulls to the left, it is worse the faster we drive but doesn’t seem to be completely consistent. 
    It passed its MOT last week and has been checked by two garages. Tracking and balancing were done to be sure though not showing as a problem. The tyres and wheels are all okay, they even tried swapping the front wheels to see if there was a bias but they are okay.
    We will of course take it back to the garage but I am wondering if anyone has experienced anything similar and could maybe give some clues as to what it might be.
    Any thoughts welcome. Thanks in advance.

Started

Latest reply

Replies

Views

• @Somets Sep 21, 2023
    Based on the description all my assumptions and thoughts of the reason were confirmed by you that they are in normal condition. I have not encountered this, but it becomes interesting what the reason could be. If you find out and determine it write here, this information will be useful to many.
  • @CallumHicks Sep 22, 2023

Your assumptions seem to match the normal condition, and you’re curious about the possible reasons for any abnormalities. If you discover the cause, sharing it here could benefit many others facing similar issues.

Only registered users may reply to topics and posts

Install the AUTODOC CLUB app!

Your personal car expenses manager, maintenance tips, reminders about upcoming appointments and service intervals, DIY repair instructions – all this on your phone.

Autodoc CLUB app qr-code
Scan

To download the app:

Autodoc CLUB App icon