Important!
This replacement procedure can be used for:
BMW 3 Convertible (E93) 318 i, BMW 3 Convertible (E93) 325 d, BMW 3 Convertible (E93) 320 i, BMW 3 Convertible (E93) 325 i, BMW 3 Convertible (E93) 330 i, BMW 3 Convertible (E93) 335 i, BMW 3 Convertible (E93) 330 d, BMW 3 Convertible (E93) 325 i, BMW 3 Convertible (E93) 325 d, BMW 3 Convertible (E93) 320 d, BMW 3 Convertible (E93) 330 i, BMW 3 Convertible (E93) M3, BMW 3 Convertible (E93) 330 d, BMW 3 Convertible (E93) 320 d, BMW 3 Convertible (E93) 325 i, BMW 3 Convertible (E93) 325 d, BMW 3 Convertible (E93) 320 i, BMW 3 Convertible (E93) 320 i, BMW 3 Convertible (E93) 320 d, BMW 3 Convertible (E93) 330 i, BMW 3 Convertible (E93) 335 i, BMW 3 Convertible (E93) 320 d, BMW 3 Convertible (E93) 320 d, BMW 3 Convertible (E93) 323 i View more

The steps may slightly vary depending on the car design.

This video shows the replacement procedure of a similar car part on another vehicle

All the parts you need to replace – Track Rod End for 3 Convertible (E93) and other BMW models
How to change Track rod end on BMW E93 335 i – step-by-step instructions for straightforward car repair
Track rod end
How to change Rod Assembly on BMW E93 335 i – step-by-step instructions for straightforward car repair
Rod Assembly
How to change Mounting Kit, tie rod end on BMW E93 335 i – step-by-step instructions for straightforward car repair
Mounting Kit, tie rod end
Tools
Replacement: track rod end – BMW 3 Convertible (E93). Tools you need:
Wire brush
WD-40 spray
Brake cleaner
Copper grease
Combination spanner #21
Drive socket # 16
Torx bit T40
Wheel impact socket #17
Ratchet wrench
Torque wrench
Flat Screwdriver
Vernier caliper
Hammer
Wheel chock
Replacement: track rod end – BMW 3 Convertible (E93). AUTODOC experts recommend:
  • Replace tie rod ends in pairs.
  • The replacement procedure is identical for the right and left tie rod ends.
  • During the installation process, use only new bolts and nuts.
  • Please note: all work on the car – BMW 3 Convertible (E93) – should be done with the engine switched off.
Carry out replacement in the following order:
  1. Step 1
    How to change Track Rod End on BMW E93 2006 - free PDF and video manuals
    Secure the wheels with chocks.
  2. Step 2
    How to replace BMW 3 Convertible (E93) 335 i 2007 Track Rod End - step-by-step manuals and video guides
    Loosen the wheel mounting bolts. Use wheel impact socket #17.
  3. Step 3
    Raise the front of the car and secure on supports.
    Step 4
    BMW E93 330d 3.0 2008 Track Rod End replacement: free workshop manuals
    Unscrew the wheel bolts.
    AUTODOC recommends:
    Warning! To avoid injury, hold the wheel while unscrewing the fastening bolts. BMW 3 Convertible (E93)
  4. Step 5
    Changing Track Rod End on BMW 3 Convertible (E93) 325i 3.0 2009 by yourself
    Remove the wheel.
  5. Step 6
    Clean the fastener connecting the tie rod end to the steering knuckle. Use a wire brush. Use WD-40 spray.
    Step 7
    How to remove BMW 3 SERIES 320 d 2010 Track Rod End - online easy-to-follow instructions
    When deinstalling, mark or measure the precise position of the ball joint on the track rod, or count the number of turns in order to prevent misalignment afterward. Use a vernier caliper.
  6. Step 8
    How to replace Track Rod End on BMW 3 Convertible (E93) 2011: download PDF manuals and video instructions
    Unscrew the end fastening nut to the steering knuckle. Use a combination spanner #21. Use Torx T40. Use a ratchet wrench.
  7. Step 9
    How hard is it to do yourself: Track Rod End replacement on BMW E93 320d 2.0 2012 - download illustrated guide
    Unscrew the rod end fastening. Use a drive socket #16. Use a ratchet wrench.
  8. Step 10
    Disconnect the tie rod end from the steering knuckle. Use a hammer.
    Step 11
    Need to know how to renew Track Rod End on BMW 3 SERIES 2013? This free workshop manual will help you to do it yourself
    Spread the ears for the pinch bolt on the tie rod end. Use a flat screwdriver. Use a hammer.
  9. Step 12
    Changing of Track Rod End on BMW E93 2006 won't be an issue if you follow this illustrated step-by-step guide
    Screw the end out of the tie rod.
  10. Step 13
    BMW 3 SERIES 330 i Track Rod End replacement: online guides and video tutorials
    Clean the mounting seats of the tie rod end. Use a wire brush. Use WD-40 spray.
  11. Step 14
    Replacing Track Rod End on BMW E93 2008 335 i by yourself
    Screw on a new tie rod end.
    Replacement: track rod end – BMW 3 Convertible (E93). Tip from AUTODOC experts:
    While installing the steering rod end remember to make the same number of turns or to leave the same length of thread showing as per your measurements.
Was this manual helpful?
Please rate this manual on a scale from 1 to 5. If you have any questions, feel free to ask us.
Users voted – 0
Your profile is your personal assistant.

It can track car expenses, keep a car log and replacement schedule, and save favourite materials, notes and documents

Install the AUTODOC CLUB app!
Your personal car expenses manager, maintenance tips, reminders about upcoming appointments and service intervals, DIY repair instructions – all this on your phone.
BMW 3 Convertible (E93) Track Rod End replace by yourself - Scan QR-code and download AUTODOC CLUB app
Scan

To download the app:

• - scan the QR code
  • - download from App Store
  • - download from Google Play
DIY BMW 3 Convertible (E93) Track Rod End replacement - online guide
Tips & tricks for your BMW 3 Convertible (E93)
View more
  • How to change Tie rod end on BMW 3 Convertible (E93) 320 i - replacement tricks
    TOP 8 mistakes car owners make | AUTODOC tips
  • Changing Outer tie rod BMW E93 335 i - Replacement Tips
    TOP 5 mistakes when replacing shock absorbers | AUTODOC tips
  • Maintenance Hacks - BMW 3 Convertible (E93) 330d 3.0 Track rod end ball joint replacement guide
    How to swap the engine on a BMW E30 Turbo | SUPERCAR AUTODOC
  • Replace Outer tie rod end on BMW E93 - free video tips
    How to repair a bumper yourself | AUTODOC tips