AUTODOC FORUM / Car discussions by make / MERCEDES-BENZ / Timing chain and timing gears replacement

Back to topics

Timing chain and timing gears replacement
MERCEDES-BENZ CLK Convertible (A209)

• MERCEDES-BENZ CLK Convertible (A209) CLK 200 Kompressor (209.441)
    @user_136054 Dec 06, 2022
    I have a 2008 CLK C200 (A209) in great condition. Its done 92000 miles now and still going strong, may keep it for another year but at some point I’ll need to check or replace the timing chain. I think I’m capable of doing it myself if needed, but in case it needs to be done just wondering if there’s a manual out there that covers this particular car. Youtube is not giving me the correct step by step info. Don’t want to make any mistakes as that’ll be catastrophic. It may not need it but better to be safe than sorry & I dont want to pay a garage £2k to do it on a 14 year old car.

Started

Latest reply

Replies

Views

• @ Anempon Dec 15, 2022
    I don’t have a manual, but I think it’s better to do such work at the service, it’s okay to do something else on the chassis yourself, this is normal, but with a timing chain, an error can cost much more than the cost of repairs at the service, I think the risk and savings are not worth it.

Only registered users may reply to topics and posts

Install the AUTODOC CLUB app!

Your personal car expenses manager, maintenance tips, reminders about upcoming appointments and service intervals, DIY repair instructions – all this on your phone.

Autodoc CLUB app qr-code
Scan

To download the app:

Autodoc CLUB App icon