Back to topics

Oil misting a class
MERCEDES-BENZ A-Class (W177)

• @user_1949176 Oct 22, 2023
    Hi everyone.

I am the owner of a200 class Mercedes amg 1.3. It is 2019 plate and has 40k. I bought it with 26k on one owner before. Had car a year. 

I had a service a month ago at a reputable garage and they have found oil misting on top of engine that must be coming from the cam. It’s a very small amount that develops roughly every week and to be fair when I use a wet wipe hardly amount comes off looks worse than it is 

I took it to German auto care and they said it would be over £800 to fix but at this time it doesn’t seem a big issue.

What are your thoughts? Thr picture attached was when it hasn’t been cleaned up so looks worse

Started

Latest reply

Replies

Views

• @Decul1985 Oct 23, 2023
    Well, there is quite a bit of oil in the photo, in which case I think it needs to be eliminated. I can’t give you any advice on prices because I don’t know what they will do and I don’t know the cost of the work, just like you.

Only registered users may reply to topics and posts

Install the AUTODOC CLUB app!

Your personal car expenses manager, maintenance tips, reminders about upcoming appointments and service intervals, DIY repair instructions – all this on your phone.

Autodoc CLUB app qr-code
Scan

To download the app:

Autodoc CLUB App icon