AUTODOC FORUM / Car discussions by make / MERCEDES-BENZ / Mercedes W205 Deseil C Class Rattling On Cold Start

Back to topics

Mercedes W205 Deseil C Class Rattling On Cold Start
MERCEDES-BENZ C-Class

• @user_2032432 Nov 27, 2023

Hi

I have a W205 Mercedes Deseil 2.1 Litre OM 651 , which has begain to rattle from cold start before and after recent engine oil change i used Castrol 5W-30 Mag Prof A5 Oil and Mann Filter , Im think maybe chain issue please advise ideas? 92,600 miles on clock , 

Started

Latest reply

Replies

Views

• @Butedinefs Nov 27, 2023
    I’m more inclined to think it’s a chain problem and recommend getting it checked as soon as possible so the engine doesn’t fail and it doesn’t lead to expensive repairs.
  • MERCEDES-BENZ C-Class Saloon (W204) C 180 CGI (204.049)
    @user_2204062 Feb 01, 2024
    I have a 61,009 miles C class fmbsh 1.8 petrol.  I bought  it at a main dealer  at 47.5 miles  and it was rattling by the time it got to 50,000 miles.  I  complained to the dealer and had it serviced  and MOT’d at 56,000.  THe noise got worse and I eventually had it examined properly on 7th December.  Petrol in the oil, and metal in the oil filter.  They want me to pay for more investigations and tell me it does need a new engine.  If they had examined it properly it may have saved the car.  Get yours checked out.

Only registered users may reply to topics and posts

Install the AUTODOC CLUB app!

Your personal car expenses manager, maintenance tips, reminders about upcoming appointments and service intervals, DIY repair instructions – all this on your phone.

Autodoc CLUB app qr-code
Scan

To download the app:

Autodoc CLUB App icon