AUTODOC FORUM / Car discussions by make / MERCEDES-BENZ / Key fob (new batteries) won’t operate central locking or push button start from the moment the windscreen was replaced

Back to topics

Key fob (new batteries) won’t operate central locking or push button start from the moment the windscreen was replaced
MERCEDES-BENZ

• @user_1853872 Sep 08, 2023
    Since the windscreen was replaced I can’t use central locking or the push button start. The mechanic used the key fob to get into the car and started the engine with the push button to drive it into the garage to replace the windscreen but ever since I have to open doors and start the engine manually. 2016 Mercedes SLC never had a problem before. Any comments or advice appreciated The windscreen centre, see it’s nothing that they have done as assessed by their diagnostics

Started

Latest reply

Replies

Views

• @Himmem Sep 08, 2023
    I think that the master took something apart and then connected it wrongly or did not connect it when replacing the glass. Let him check everything again whether he assembled everything correctly or not.

Only registered users may reply to topics and posts

Install the AUTODOC CLUB app!

Your personal car expenses manager, maintenance tips, reminders about upcoming appointments and service intervals, DIY repair instructions – all this on your phone.

Autodoc CLUB app qr-code
Scan

To download the app:

Autodoc CLUB App icon