AUTODOC FORUM / Car discussions by make / JAGUAR / Jaguar S-type automatic transmission no gear shift

Back to topics

Jaguar S-type automatic transmission no gear shift
JAGUAR S-TYPE

• @user_885752 Mar 24, 2022
    My car is a jaguar s-type 2003 model, it had a problem with the ecu connector, some contacts were pushed away when titening connector to the ecu and this resulted in misfiring, backfiring, loss of power and stalling. I decided to  replace the harness with one having a good connector. Now the problem was that I failed to find the exact one with the color code of the original. Maybe the mistake I made was to go ahead and use one with different color code by cutting wires one by one and joining them following their position on the original. Now the car is starting and idling very well but when moving there is no gear shifting. I am very happy find this forum and join it because i am sure that some one there will help me find a solution. Using delphi Autocom vci I got this dtc code P1799 and P0610 and the communication with the brake system is not established. The speedometer is not working also. I forgot to mention that before all this problems the car was running perfect. thank you in advance for your help.

Started

Latest reply

Replies

Views

Only registered users may reply to topics and posts

Install the AUTODOC CLUB app!

Your personal car expenses manager, maintenance tips, reminders about upcoming appointments and service intervals, DIY repair instructions – all this on your phone.

Autodoc CLUB app qr-code
Scan

To download the app:

Autodoc CLUB App icon