Back to topics

Issues

• @user_1458530 Mar 12, 2023
    So I have a real issue with this 2014 Mazda 3 that I’m planning to buy from this used car dealership. So basically, I already put down a non refundable deposit of £200 last week but before purchasing the vehicle, I had a comprehensive AA check on the car for peace of mind. 
    The AA check broght up zero red issues but a few in the Amber section, the primary one of which was something to do with the master brake cyclinder. It says “visible leaks seen possibly from the master brake cyclinder, requires further investigation” So that worries me as that could be potentially dangerous but it wasn’t classified as red. Everything else seemed OK. Some general wear and tear on the tyres, offside rear brake disc show signs of pitting and wear and tear, mechanically car drives fine, exterior and interior is fine etc. 
    The other concern I have is that when I checked the MOT history, it did fail last in early 2022 due to front brake pipes being corroded, rear brake side pad less than 1.5mm thick – dangerous defect, parking brake lever has excessive movement. Now according to the history this was all corrected on the same day as it then says pass on the same day and driven a mile. The last MOT done in Feb of this year was a pass and driven an extra 6000 miles. So based on that I’m assuming the serious errors were all fixed otherwise no way it would have been driven. BUT there is no service record apparently and thus no evidence that they were indeed fixed. 
    So I’m guessing I need to obtain the V5C number in order to get these details. And I should push the dealership to provide all the documentation and fix that master brake cyclinder before I even considering buying the car.

Started

Latest reply

Replies

Views

Only registered users may reply to topics and posts

Install the AUTODOC CLUB app!

Your personal car expenses manager, maintenance tips, reminders about upcoming appointments and service intervals, DIY repair instructions – all this on your phone.

Autodoc CLUB app qr-code
Scan

To download the app:

Autodoc CLUB App icon