AUTODOC FORUM / Car discussions by make / MAZDA / knocking noise over bump

Back to topics

knocking noise over bump
MAZDA 6 Hatchback (GH)

• MAZDA 6 Hatchback (GH) 2.0 MZR
    @user_209553 Jan 09, 2021
    Hi
    I have a problem with my mazda 6 ,when i go over a speed bump there is a loud knocking noise .
    i replaced all arms and links and noise is still there only right side
    any help?

Started

Latest reply

Replies

Views

• @Wouls2001 Jan 23, 2021

1) A dull sound that appears on the left and right when the car shakes on bumps while driving. In this way, wear of the strut mount is manifested.

2) A knock when turning the steering wheel to the left and right side is present when the load on the broken shock absorber. These parts of the car usually fail one by one, and when you turn the steering wheel, this becomes clear.

3) A ringing knock on a flat road usually indicates a worn thrust bearing.

4) A severe squeak that appears while driving on gravel roads in front-wheel drive vehicles indicates a serious problem in the ball joints.

5) When a small fractional sound occurs when the machine overcomes irregularities, you need to revise the stabilizer bushings.

6) A knock in the front suspension when starting off often indicates that the suspension arms are not fully fixed.

7) When the car knocks when braking or picking up speed, more often the suspension has nothing to do with it, you need to check the engine mounts.

• SKODA ROOMSTER (5J) 1.2 TDI
    @user_851491 Jun 27, 2022
    I drive a Mazda 3, hahchback  2018, have the same problem on the right front suspension. a clear knock sound with every hole or unevenness in the street. I went for garantee but the dealer said : it must be the brake pads, but that is not the case. I think the stabiler rod is more the cause. any other ideas?
  • @Thistil1987 Jul 08, 2022
    Here you need to understand what kind of knock, sonorous, deaf, rough or not. there may be struts and stabilizer bushings, and there may even be shock absorbers, without proper diagnostics it is not so easy to determine.

Only registered users may reply to topics and posts

Install the AUTODOC CLUB app!

Your personal car expenses manager, maintenance tips, reminders about upcoming appointments and service intervals, DIY repair instructions – all this on your phone.

Autodoc CLUB app qr-code
Scan

To download the app:

Autodoc CLUB App icon