AUTODOC FORUM / Car discussions by make / SEAT / ibiza cupra (bocanegra) 1.4 TSi 180hp

Back to topics

ibiza cupra (bocanegra) 1.4 TSi 180hp
SEAT Ibiza IV Sportcoupe (6J, 6P)

• SEAT Ibiza IV Sportcoupe (6J, 6P) 1.4 TSI Cupra
    @user_1683988 Dec 08, 2023
    Hello everybody. My Ibiza Cupra (Bocanegra) 1.4 TSi 180hp, suddenly had a slightly higher gear than it always had. Once hot, the rotation speed on the roller was around 0.6 revolutions with a consumption of 0.5 to 0.6 L/h. Now it goes between rotations 0.8 and 1. With a consumption of 1.4 L/h to 1.6 L/h. I’ve already changed the gasoline filter and used STP additive to clean the injectors. But the difference wasn’t much. Sometimes it drops by up to 0.8 revolutions, driving more stable but consumption remained very high at 1.4 L/h. By chance, the day it happened for the first time, I had the tank in reserve, something that I don’t usually let happen. Has anyone ever had this problem? What can be done? Diagnostic reading gives no errors

Started

Latest reply

Replies

Views

@user_1683988 Dec 08, 2023
  • @Veried Dec 08, 2023
    Hi. There may be a problem with the engine block firmware, I recommend you to contact an authorized dealer and they will help to solve the problem
    @user_1683988 Dec 09, 2023
    Hi. Thanks for your help.
    Theres one more thing. The day it start doing it, it was after I re full 20 L of gasine, because it was almost empty. When I go out of from fuel station after get home in 5 minuts, it was the furst time done it. I tried use injectores clean and changed the fuel filter. It dud maked a little diference but not enough.
    • @Veried @user_1683988 Dec 11, 2023
      I still recommend contacting an official dealer to check the software
    @user_1683988 Mar 11, 2024
    Hi.
    The problem was in the Throttle Body Aceleraror. The metal Throttle Body. 
    Because this model have a plastic Throttle Body to. Close to the other one.
    So the Throttle body got stuck.
    Some weeks after that RPM problem, one day it stoped working, and the engine couldnt go more than 1.500rpm, becsuse the Throttle Body was not opening
    It was to old. So buyed a new one in Auto Doc. 
    And made the alignment with VCDS and VAG-COM. 
    Thats it.

Only registered users may reply to topics and posts

Install the AUTODOC CLUB app!

Your personal car expenses manager, maintenance tips, reminders about upcoming appointments and service intervals, DIY repair instructions – all this on your phone.

Autodoc CLUB app qr-code
Scan

To download the app:

Autodoc CLUB App icon