AUTODOC FORUM / Car discussions by make / MERCEDES-BENZ / Help Please! Oil Leak 350d CLS (OM642)

Back to topics

Help Please! Oil Leak 350d CLS (OM642)
MERCEDES-BENZ CLS Shooting Brake (X218)

• @user_2291459 Mar 01, 2024

I am starting to get disheartened with an oil leak on my CLS, its my wife’s car and I am getting serious grief…. The car is a 2017, V6 diesel, with 50k miles on the clock. Started to notice some fine oil splatter on the underside rear of the bonnet on the right hand side above the turbo, and oil splattered around the turbo area and the car went into limp mode. So far my mechanic has changed the PCV valve, and the big red turbo intake seal. I drove it last night 15 miles on the motorway and it went back into limp mode. The oil is still appearing where it shouldn’t. I am not a mechanic, nor am I mechanically minded. I just spoke to my mechanic and he said that there is no oil sitting in the V of the engine. Any advise please on where the oil is getting in, and any areas that we should look at next would be greatly appreciated.

Started

Latest reply

Replies

Views

Only registered users may reply to topics and posts

Install the AUTODOC CLUB app!

Your personal car expenses manager, maintenance tips, reminders about upcoming appointments and service intervals, DIY repair instructions – all this on your phone.

Autodoc CLUB app qr-code
Scan

To download the app:

Autodoc CLUB App icon