AUTODOC FORUM / Car discussions by make / KIA / Driver’s door chime

Back to topics

Driver’s door chime
KIA PICANTO

• @user_2126423 Jan 05, 2024
    Hi,
    My son’s Piccanto battery keeps draining when the car’s not driven for a couple of weeks. It’s now done it five times in four years. There’s no sign of anything being left on and the only sign of anything slightly out of the ordinary is that, if the car doors are shut for a few minutes, when the driver’s door is subsequently opened there’s a single warning chime that goes off.
    I’ve taken it to my local dealership who’ve checked it over and not found any sign of a drain. They (apparently) contacted Global Head Office who also couldn’t explain it.
    If anyone can give any thoughts, I’d be hugely grateful!
    Thanks,
    Matt

Started

Latest reply

Replies

Views

• @Cattat Jan 08, 2024
    Maybe it’s just time to replace the battery as the old one is failing?
  • @user_2126423 Jan 14, 2024
    Thanks @Cattat. The battery’s been changed relatively recently though. I can’t help but think it’s related to the chime that goes off – just once, when the doors opened from the outside.
    • @Cattat @user_2126423 Jan 15, 2024
      Alternatively, the chime was caused by something being switched on. Did you check if the alternator was working? Maybe there is a problem with the battery charging in the car?

Only registered users may reply to topics and posts

Install the AUTODOC CLUB app!

Your personal car expenses manager, maintenance tips, reminders about upcoming appointments and service intervals, DIY repair instructions – all this on your phone.

Autodoc CLUB app qr-code
Scan

To download the app:

Autodoc CLUB App icon