AUTODOC FORUM / Car discussions by make / MERCEDES-BENZ / Change engine gasket and car no start

Back to topics

Change engine gasket and car no start
MERCEDES-BENZ 190 (W201)

• MERCEDES-BENZ 190 (W201) E 2.0

Started

Latest reply

Replies

Views

• @Fromight Oct 10, 2023
    Try to supply power directly to the fuel pump while the wires are there. The spark plugs cannot influence the fuel pump in any way.
    • MERCEDES-BENZ 190 (W201) E 2.0
      @user_1682291 @Fromight Oct 24, 2023
      Hi, do you where the oxygen sensor is located in my Mercedes benz 190e 1987 102962 2.0 118 hp 87 Kw. I changed my engine gasket and could not start the car. I discovered later that I had a fault flowmeter when it could not be adjusted for rich and pour fuel. After I thought I had replaced the non-working parts – I found that I could not start the car unless it was running lean. I also have no current test from EHA – I tested with 3 different EHA’s and all have no current coming out of it – but have input voltage 8.6 volts and also even correct resistance between connectors. But the is no current coming of the EHA. I am guessing that the ECU is not feeding back info to the EHA for it to work. No current meaning not even the baseline current requirements. If I could find the oxygen sensor I could change it out but can’t see any or don’t recognise any that could be. Could you help please? Thanks.
    • @Suchispost @user_1682291 Oct 25, 2023
      I don’t think that because of the oxygen sensor the engine won’t start. More likely that during assembly you did not connect some connectors, for example the crankshaft sensor connector, or maybe you damaged the wiring of this sensor. 
      Oxygen sensors are located on the exhaust system.

Only registered users may reply to topics and posts

Install the AUTODOC CLUB app!

Your personal car expenses manager, maintenance tips, reminders about upcoming appointments and service intervals, DIY repair instructions – all this on your phone.

Autodoc CLUB app qr-code
Scan

To download the app:

Autodoc CLUB App icon