AUTODOC FORUM / Car discussions by make / CHEVROLET / Almost no power from the engine

Back to topics

Almost no power from the engine
CHEVROLET SPARK Box Body / Hatchback (M200, M250)

• @user_1443107 Mar 04, 2023
    Hi all,
    I have a 2011 Spark + that has just developed a strange problem.
    It was working fine and I left it in a car park for 30 mins.
    When I came back, it started okay, although it did seem to take a little longer to start than normal.
    Upon leaving the car park the power seemed to be really down, and even with the accelerator pushed fully it really laboured to move. Luckily I managed to get it to drag itself round the block and back to the car park.
    This is a video showing the problem – you can see that about half way through the video the accelerator was held down and you can see the engine ‘pulsing’ at very low revs.
    At no point did the Engine Management light display!
    I got the vehicle recovered as it was not drivable. I have since started the engine and it seems be back to normal again! I don’t want to take it anywhere in case it happens again.
    Any advice would be gratefully appreciated.
    Many thanks,
    James

Started

Latest reply

Replies

Views

• @Ried1993 Mar 07, 2023
    as an option, check the condition of the fuel pump and the entire fuel system. Is there enough fuel in the tank?
  • @user_1443107 Mar 07, 2023
    Hi and thanks for your reply.
    The fuel system appears to be all in good condition.
    There is also plenty of fuel and once the car was started again it ran normally.
    I did hook up to the ODB port and there are no errors logged!
    I’m intending to keep my laptop with me when I am out in the car so if it reoccurs I can reconnect without turning the engine off.
    Unless anyone else has any ideas I can try?
    Thanks.
  • @Homitichat1971 Mar 09, 2023
    If there are error codes, it will help in finding the malfunction. Let’s hope that you will be able to count them.

Only registered users may reply to topics and posts

Install the AUTODOC CLUB app!

Your personal car expenses manager, maintenance tips, reminders about upcoming appointments and service intervals, DIY repair instructions – all this on your phone.

Autodoc CLUB app qr-code
Scan

To download the app:

Autodoc CLUB App icon