Back to topics

230TE start problem
MERCEDES-BENZ

• @user_1743742 Jul 18, 2023
    The car won’t start. The fault is the connection between the relay and the pump. A direct cable from A-B reflects this, but I am not sure myself. The cables seem to be adequately protected from what I can see.( they run along the drivers side of the car. Do they pass through the fuse box and if so which fuse covers the fuel relay? It doesn’t appear plain according to the paper in the fusebox. What do you suggest it might be. A new relay maybe?  D.Holder

Started

Latest reply

Replies

Views

• @Entiven86 Jul 20, 2023
    Yes, the cables to the pump pass through a fuse and a relay. First you need to check both the fuse and the relay. I can’t tell you their fitting place for sure. The fuse boxes should have notes what is it for. 
    • @user_1743742 @Entiven86 Jul 24, 2023
      Thank you for replying to my message. The AA man said that both the pump and the relay are sound. This points to the cable being faulty but I am not so sure . I will have a good look at the fuses when it stops raining. DH
  • @Haring1980 Aug 22, 2023
    try to power directly the fuel pump connector, but this may not be safe.

Only registered users may reply to topics and posts

Install the AUTODOC CLUB app!

Your personal car expenses manager, maintenance tips, reminders about upcoming appointments and service intervals, DIY repair instructions – all this on your phone.

Autodoc CLUB app qr-code
Scan

To download the app:

Autodoc CLUB App icon