AUTODOC FORUM / Car discussions by make / JAGUAR / Timing Belt rattle 5 month after replacement

Back to topics

Timing Belt rattle 5 month after replacement
JAGUAR F-PACE (X761_)

• @user_1904162 Oct 02, 2023
    Hey All, looking for some advice from people that I’m sure are more clued up than myself. 
    I own a Jaguar F-pace which needed a Timing Belt replacement at the end of April this year. Eye Wateringly the bill for that was around £3000 which is what it is and sucked it up. It’s been just over 5 months since the replacement was done and now I have a rattle at cold start which, I believe, is making the same noise as when a Timing Belt is showing signs of wear. 
    When the garage quoted and replaced in April I hadn’t skrimped on anything and paid whatever I needed to have it fixed. The car is due for new brake pads with said garage and I also notified them of the sound of the engine bay and if they could look into this as it’s only been 5 months since they did the work (circa 5000 miles). 
    I’ve looked into the Consumers Act and this has helped but I was wondering if anybody knows anymore on what I should be demanding or not? I’m a big fan of the garage and won’t be aggressive but want to know what is right or wrong in what I can say. 
    Any help would be appreciated, 
    Matt

Started

Latest reply

Replies

Views

Only registered users may reply to topics and posts

Install the AUTODOC CLUB app!

Your personal car expenses manager, maintenance tips, reminders about upcoming appointments and service intervals, DIY repair instructions – all this on your phone.

Autodoc CLUB app qr-code
Scan

To download the app:

Autodoc CLUB App icon