AUTODOC FORUM / Car discussions by make / SUZUKI / Suzuki Ignis Mystery Squealing Noise

Back to topics

Suzuki Ignis Mystery Squealing Noise
SUZUKI IGNIS (FH)

• @user_1586213 May 06, 2023
    HI, I have had a noise from my Ignis 2003, it sounds like a really load squealing, similar to a belt slipping. It happens more often in the cold, and I had a alternator belt snap after just 1 year of use. However we have tightened the bolts and pulleys, the whole lot has been tightened. Mu clutch squeaks and I can make the noise stop by pushing hard braking while moving slowly, In people’s opinion is this still an alternator issue, should I replace it and the pulleys etc. Or take it to a shop to have the clutch and breaks checked. The car has only done 53000 miles and I’d like to keep it running.

Started

Latest reply

Replies

Views

• @Witimen May 10, 2023

The description sounds like you need to replace the drive belt, I would still recommend that you go to your mechanic and have him check it out more accurately.

Only registered users may reply to topics and posts

Install the AUTODOC CLUB app!

Your personal car expenses manager, maintenance tips, reminders about upcoming appointments and service intervals, DIY repair instructions – all this on your phone.

Autodoc CLUB app qr-code
Scan

To download the app:

Autodoc CLUB App icon