AUTODOC FORUM / Car discussions by make / OPEL / Removing backseats

Back to topics

Removing backseats
OPEL Adam (M13)

• @user_1515161 Apr 07, 2023
    I would just like to know how to remove the backseats on an opel adam. I’m no mechanic but i just wanted to remove them to reduce weight and increase my cargo capacity at the same time since the seats are too small for anyone i know. It is my first car and the only previous experience messing around with mechanical instruments was fixing bikes. Any help is much apreciated so thank you in advance

Started

Latest reply

Replies

Views

• @Stacy Adams Apr 19, 2023
    AUTODOC expert
    In order to remove the rear seats in Opel Adam (M13), follow these instructions:
    • Before you start, make sure you turn off the car and remove the key from the ignition.
    • Tilt the rear seatbacks forward to access the rear of the seats.
    • Find the plastic latches that are at the base of each seat. They can be hidden by the fabric or leather of the seat.
    • Using a flathead screwdriver or plastic crowbar, carefully pry each latch to release the rear of the seats.
    • Now you can lift the back of the seats and slide them out of the car.

If you want to completely remove the rear seats from the car, then after following the above steps, you must disconnect the wires and connectors under the seats, and then remove them completely.

Only registered users may reply to topics and posts

Install the AUTODOC CLUB app!

Your personal car expenses manager, maintenance tips, reminders about upcoming appointments and service intervals, DIY repair instructions – all this on your phone.

Autodoc CLUB app qr-code
Scan

To download the app:

Autodoc CLUB App icon