AUTODOC FORUM / Car discussions by make / HYUNDAI / My experience as a Hyundai owner

Back to topics

My experience as a Hyundai owner
HYUNDAI Bayon (BC3)

• @user_2294576 Mar 02, 2024

I own a Hyundai, a Bayon, I bought it on the 29/12/23, it broke down on 04/01/24… here’s my story:

Hi folks, I’ve posted my story a few places around the Internet to get some advice and opinions, here is my story…

I Bought a new car in England on the 29/12, collected it with 64 miles fuel range in it. Drove to the nearest petrol station and filled up with petrol. Drove home 110 miles, left it a few days before travelling on holiday did another 150 miles, with no performance issues and very good mpg numbers… when the engine failed, got towed back to my local dealer, and they have diagnosed a misfuel (diesel in petrol tank). Fortunately I have a receipt to say I filled up with petrol, the pay at pump kiosk didn’t give me one originally but morrisons have since been able to provide me with one. The dealer is saying they did not put any fuel in and suggest i contact Hyundai UK.
    The fuel sample has not yet been sent off for analysis but currently the fuel system has been flushed, cleaned and I needed a new fuel injector on cylinder 2. The Repairing dealer said there was something not right with the engine and they’d never seen anything quite like it before, almost as if somebody had tried to remove some fuel from the engine, I’m not engine savvy, so I don’t really know what he was on about.
    I’m thinking of rejecting the car as I’ve only had it for 2 weeks, not sure where i stand legally. Currently I have a 2 week old car that has lost its fuel system warranty and a £1,000 repair bill. 

I have full Google location timeline data that matches the cars onboard computer showing that I have only used the car on the 2 days 29/12 & 4/1

Started

Latest reply

Replies

Views

• @Restred Mar 04, 2024
    In your case, it’s difficult to suggest anything because there is no way to correctly determine where this could have happened and who mixed up the fuel. Perhaps at a gas station, when filling their tanks, they mixed them up and mixed the fuel, and then you refueled at their place and this situation turned out.

Only registered users may reply to topics and posts

Install the AUTODOC CLUB app!

Your personal car expenses manager, maintenance tips, reminders about upcoming appointments and service intervals, DIY repair instructions – all this on your phone.

Autodoc CLUB app qr-code
Scan

To download the app:

Autodoc CLUB App icon