AUTODOC FORUM / Car discussions by make / HYUNDAI / Intermittent starting problems

Back to topics

Intermittent starting problems
HYUNDAI ix35 (LM, EL, ELH)

• @user_1732845 Jul 13, 2023
    My 2000 ltr, diesel, ix35 has developed an intermittent starting problem.  We’ve recently come back from an 8 week tour of the UK where we towed a caravan for approx 1,500 miles with no problem at all.  The car was fine for 2 weeks after we’d got back and was used on a daily basis.  After being parked up for a couple of days it wouldn’t start.  The engine cranked over but then died.  It did start after about the 3rd attempt and pumping the accelerator and then ran OK and started first time the rest of the day.  It only seems to be a problem if it’s been parked up and left for a couple of days.  There have been no warning lights on the dashboard. I’ve spoken to a Hyundai dealer who said that running a diagnostic check wouldn’t reveal anything because there are no warning lights and just to use it and see what happens. I’m not really comfortable with this as I rely on the car and don’t want to possibly cause more damage.
    For information the car is a 2015 plate, we’ve had it for 5 years with no previous starting issues and the mileage is just approaching 73,000. 
    If anyone has any idea of what could be causing this problem I’d be really grateful.  

Started

Latest reply

Replies

Views

• @Abless Jul 14, 2023
    There can be many reasons. A problem might be in the fuel pump, in air leakage in the fuel system. You must check everything, I would recommend contacting a good mechanic to check everything.

Only registered users may reply to topics and posts

Install the AUTODOC CLUB app!

Your personal car expenses manager, maintenance tips, reminders about upcoming appointments and service intervals, DIY repair instructions – all this on your phone.

Autodoc CLUB app qr-code
Scan

To download the app:

Autodoc CLUB App icon