AUTODOC FORUM / Car discussions by make / DACIA / Driver Side Window not moving smoothly.

Back to topics

Driver Side Window not moving smoothly.
DACIA SANDERO II

• @user_2008933 Nov 26, 2023
    Hi
    I have a Dacia Sandero 2017.
    About 6 weeks ago my drivers side window would only go down and not up. So i had to get the AA out and the guy managed to get the window back up, but suggested it might be the switch.
    I got a part that came up as similar and seemed to be compatible. However that part would not move the passenger side window at all, and the drivers side window would only go down an inch or 2 with each click of the switch so it meant you had to click it around 6 times to open or close the window. Also if the car lights were on nothing would happen at all. So i have now managed to get a hold of the exact same part as the original and everything works fine now apart from the drivers side window still has the issue of not moving in 1 movement, but rather a couple of inches with each click and sounds like it’s not moving smoothly.
    So i am not sure if it’s some sort of electrical fault or something the AA guy may have done when he was trying to get the window back up and it needed some forceful pushes. 
    Any answers appreciated.

Started

Latest reply

Replies

Views

• @Andle1984 Nov 27, 2023
    According to the description try to program the power window, to do this lower the window all the way down and press the switch down for 5 sec, then raise it all the way up and press the switch up for 5 sec. Try this.

Only registered users may reply to topics and posts

Install the AUTODOC CLUB app!

Your personal car expenses manager, maintenance tips, reminders about upcoming appointments and service intervals, DIY repair instructions – all this on your phone.

Autodoc CLUB app qr-code
Scan

To download the app:

Autodoc CLUB App icon