Carry out replacement in the following order:
  1. How to change Control Arm on BMW E36 Compact 1994 - free PDF and video manuals
    Step 1
    Place wedge blocks under the rear wheels.
    Step 2
    Loosen the wheel mounting bolts.
  2. How to replace BMW 3 Compact (E36) 316i 1.6 1995 Control Arm - step-by-step manuals and video guides
    Step 3
    Raise the front of the car and secure on supports.
    Step 4
    Remove the front wheels.
  3. BMW E36 Compact 316i 1.9 1996 Control Arm replacement: free workshop manuals
    Step 5
    Unscrew the ball joint fastening to the steering knuckle.
  4. Changing Control Arm on BMW 3 Compact (E36) 318ti 1.9 1997 by yourself
    Step 6
    Unscrew the nut of the stabilizer link
  5. How to remove BMW 3 SERIES 318tds 1.7 1998 Control Arm - online easy-to-follow instructions
    Step 7
    Disconnect the ball joint from the steering knuckle
  6. How to replace Control Arm on BMW 3 Compact (E36) 1999: download PDF manuals and video instructions
    Step 8
    Unscrew the arm fastening from the subframe
  7. How hard is it to do yourself: Control Arm replacement on BMW E36 Compact 316g 1.6 2000 - download illustrated guide
    Need to know how to renew Control Arm on BMW 3 SERIES ? This free workshop manual will help you to do it yourself
    Step 9.1
    Unscrew the rear arm fastening
    Step 9.2
  8. Changing of Control Arm on BMW E36 Compact 1995 won't be an issue if you follow this illustrated step-by-step guide
    Step 10
    Remove the rear arm mounting
  9. BMW 3 SERIES 316i 1.6 Control Arm replacement: online guides and video tutorials
    Step 11
    Remove the arm.
  10. Replacing Control Arm on BMW E36 Compact 1997 316i 1.6 by yourself
    Step 12
    Install a new suspension control arm.
  11. 3 Compact (E36) 318tds 1.7 1998 Control Arm DIY replacement workshop manual
    How to change Control Arm on BMW 3 Compact (E36) 1999 - tips and tricks
    Step 13.1
    Install the rear arm mounting and tighten it.
    Step 13.2
  12. Step-by-step recommendations for DIY replacement BMW E36 Compact 2000 318tds 1.7 Control Arm
    DIY replacement of Control Arm on BMW 3 Compact (E36) 323ti 2.5 1994 is not an issue anymore with our step-by-step tutorial
    Step 14.1
    Insert the ball joint into the steering knuckle and fix it with a new nut.
    Step 14.2
  13. How to change Control Arm on BMW E36 Compact 1994 - free PDF and video manuals
    Step 15
    Connect the arm to the stabilizer link.
  14. How to replace BMW 3 Compact (E36) 316i 1.6 1995 Control Arm - step-by-step manuals and video guides
    Step 16
    Tighten the arm fastening to the subframe.
  15. BMW E36 Compact 316i 1.9 1996 Control Arm replacement: free workshop manuals
    Step 17
    Install the wheel.
  16. Changing Control Arm on BMW 3 Compact (E36) 318ti 1.9 1997 by yourself
    Step 18
    Lower the car and working in a cross order, tighten the wheel bolts.
    AutoDoc recommends:
    Check and adjust wheel alignment if necessary.
Was this manual helpful?
Please rate this manual on a scale from 1 to 5. If you have any questions, feel free to ask us.
Users voted – 0
Vehicle maintenance log book
Know what, when and how to repair, and manage your car expenses
Install the AUTODOC CLUB app!
Your personal car expenses manager, maintenance tips, reminders about upcoming appointments and service intervals, DIY repair instructions – all this on your phone.
Google Play AUTODOC Club App
App Store AUTODOC Club App
BMW 3 Compact (E36) Control Arm replace by yourself - Scan QR-code and download AUTODOC CLUB app
Scan

To download the app:

• - scan the QR code
  • - download from App Store
  • - download from Google Play
DIY BMW 3 Compact (E36) Control Arm replacement - online guide
Tips & tricks for your BMW 3 Compact (E36)
View more
  • BMW 3 Compact (E36) free video instructions: How to remove a rounded-off bolt without welding | AUTODOC tips
    How to remove a rounded-off bolt without welding | AUTODOC tips
  • BMW 3 Compact (E36) free video instructions: Noise from under the bonnet that shouldn’t be ignored | AUTODOC
    Noise from under the bonnet that shouldn’t be ignored | AUTODOC
  • BMW 3 Compact (E36) free video instructions: How to fix a knocking and creaking suspension | AUTODOC
    How to fix a knocking and creaking suspension | AUTODOC
  • BMW 3 Compact (E36) free video instructions: How to check the engine cooling fan | AUTODOC tips
    How to check the engine cooling fan | AUTODOC tips