Important!
This replacement procedure can be used for:
NISSAN MICRA II (K11) 1.0 i 16V, NISSAN MICRA II (K11) 1.5 D, NISSAN MICRA II (K11) 1.0 i 16V, NISSAN MICRA II (K11) 1.4 i 16V View more

The steps may slightly vary depending on the car design.

How to change front strut mount on NISSAN MICRA 2 Hatchback [TUTORIAL AUTODOC]

video
All the parts you need to replace – Strut Mount for MICRA II (K11) and other NISSAN models
How to change Top strut mount on Nissan Micra K11 1.0 i 16V – step-by-step instructions for straightforward car repair
Top strut mount
How to change Repair kit, suspension strut on Nissan Micra K11 1.0 i 16V – step-by-step instructions for straightforward car repair
Repair kit, suspension strut
How to change Anti-Friction Bearing, suspension strut support mounting on Nissan Micra K11 1.0 i 16V – step-by-step instructions for straightforward car repair
Anti-Friction Bearing, suspension strut support mounting
Tools
Replacement: strut mount – Nissan Micra K11. Tools you might need:
Wire brush
WD-40 spray
Brake cleaner
Copper grease
Drive socket # 12
Drive socket # 17
Combination spanner #14
Combination spanner #17
Wheel impact socket #19
Ratchet wrench
Torque wrench
Adjustable wrench
Hydraulic strut spring compressor
Pliers
Rubber mallet
Crow bar
Fender cover
Wheel chock
Replacement: strut mount – Nissan Micra K11. Tip from AUTODOC:
  • The replacement procedure is identical for the mounts of the left and right shock struts of the front suspension.
  • All mounts of the front shock struts should be replaced simultaneously.
  • Please note: all work on the car – Nissan Micra K11 – should be done with the engine switched off.
Carry out replacement in the following order:
  1. Step 1
    How to change Strut Mount on Nissan Micra K11 1992 - free PDF and video manuals
    Secure the wheels with chocks.
  2. Step 2
    How to replace NISSAN MICRA II (K11) 1.0 i 16V 1993 Strut Mount - step-by-step manuals and video guides
    Loosen the wheel mounting bolts. Use wheel impact socket #19.
  3. Step 3
    Nissan Micra K11 1.3 i 16V 1994 Strut Mount replacement: free workshop manuals
    Raise the front of the car and secure on supports.
  4. Step 4
    Changing Strut Mount on NISSAN MICRA II (K11) 1.5 D 1995 by yourself
    Unscrew the wheel bolts.
    AUTODOC recommends:
    Warning! To avoid injury, hold the wheel while unscrewing the fastening bolts. Nissan Micra K11
  5. Step 5
    How to remove NISSAN MICRA 1.0 1996 Strut Mount - online easy-to-follow instructions
    Remove the wheel.
  6. Step 6
    How to replace Strut Mount on NISSAN MICRA II (K11) 1997: download PDF manuals and video instructions
    Take out the retainer clip and move the brake hose out of the bracket on the shock strut. Use pliers.
  7. Step 7
    Clean the fasteners connecting the shock strut to the steering knuckle. Use a wire brush. Use WD-40 spray.
    Step 8
    How hard is it to do yourself: Strut Mount replacement on Nissan Micra K11 1.0 i 16V 1998 - download illustrated guide
    Unscrew the fasteners connecting the suspension strut to the steering knuckle. Use a combination spanner #17. Use a drive socket #17. Use a ratchet wrench.
  8. Step 9
    Remove the fastening bolts (2 pieces).
    Step 10
    Need to know how to renew Strut Mount on NISSAN MICRA 1999? This free workshop manual will help you to do it yourself
    Disconnect the steering knuckle from the shock absorber strut. Use a crowbar.
  9. Step 11
    Changing of Strut Mount on Nissan Micra K11 2000 won't be an issue if you follow this illustrated step-by-step guide
    Lower the car.
  10. Step 12
    NISSAN MICRA 1.4 i 16V Strut Mount replacement: online guides and video tutorials
    Open the bonnet.
  11. Step 13
    Use a fender protection cover to prevent damaging paintwork and plastic parts of the car.
    Step 14
    Clean the fasteners of the shock strut upper mount. Use a wire brush. Use WD-40 spray.
    Step 15
    Replacing Strut Mount on Nissan Micra K11 2002 1.0 i 16V by yourself
    Unscrew the upper fasteners of the shock strut (3 pieces). Use a drive socket #E12. Use a ratchet wrench.
    AUTODOC recommends:
    Important! Hold the suspension strut while unscrewing the fastening bolts. Nissan Micra K11
  12. Step 16
    MICRA II (K11) 1.0 2003 Strut Mount DIY replacement workshop manual
    Remove the suspension strut.
  13. Step 17
    How to change Strut Mount on NISSAN MICRA II (K11) 2004 - tips and tricks
    Set the shock absorber strut on the spring compressor tool.
    Replacement: strut mount – Nissan Micra K11. Tip:
    Note that when using a spring compressor, spring coils need to be securely gripped, compressing the spring on the opposite sides.Ensure the correct position of the spring in the retainer.Make sure that the spring coils tightly entered the lock handles.
  14. Step 18
    Step-by-step recommendations for DIY replacement Nissan Micra K11 2005 1.0 Strut Mount
    Compress the spring.
  15. Step 19
    Clean the upper fastener of the suspension strut mount. Use a wire brush. Use WD-40 spray.
    Step 20
    DIY replacement of Strut Mount on NISSAN MICRA II (K11) 1.4 i 16V 2006 is not an issue anymore with our step-by-step tutorial
    Unscrew the top fastening of the shock strut mount. Use a combination spanner #14. Use an adjustable wrench.
  16. Step 21
    How to change Strut Mount on Nissan Micra K11 1992 - free PDF and video manuals
    Remove the top strut mount.
    Replacement: strut mount – Nissan Micra K11. Professionals recommend:
    Examine the shock absorber dust cap and the bump stop. Replace them if necessary.
  17. Step 22
    How to replace NISSAN MICRA II (K11) 1.0 i 16V 1993 Strut Mount - step-by-step manuals and video guides
    Install a new top shock strut mount.
  18. Step 23
    Nissan Micra K11 1.3 i 16V 1994 Strut Mount replacement: free workshop manuals
    Tighten the upper fastener of the shock absorber strut mount. Use a combination spanner #14. Use an adjustable wrench. Use a torque wrench. Tighten it to 40 Nm torque.
    Replacement: strut mount – Nissan Micra K11. AUTODOC experts recommend:
    Check to make sure the spring is positioned correctly. Avoid its misalignment.
  19. Step 24
    Changing Strut Mount on NISSAN MICRA II (K11) 1.5 D 1995 by yourself
    Treat the shock strut rod. Use copper grease.
  20. Step 25
    Decompress the spring.
    Step 26
    How to remove NISSAN MICRA 1.0 1996 Strut Mount - online easy-to-follow instructions
    Remove the assembled shock strut.
Was this manual helpful?
Please rate this manual on a scale from 1 to 5. If you have any questions, feel free to ask us.
Users voted – 0
Your profile is your personal assistant.

It can track car expenses, keep a car log and replacement schedule, and save favourite materials, notes and documents

Install the AUTODOC CLUB app!
Your personal car expenses manager, maintenance tips, reminders about upcoming appointments and service intervals, DIY repair instructions – all this on your phone.
NISSAN MICRA II (K11) Strut Mount replace by yourself - Scan QR-code and download AUTODOC CLUB app
Scan

To download the app:

• - scan the QR code
  • - download from App Store
  • - download from Google Play
DIY NISSAN MICRA II (K11) Strut Mount replacement - online guide
Tips & tricks for your NISSAN MICRA II (K11)
View more
  • How to change Strut mount on NISSAN MICRA II (K11) 1.4 i 16V - replacement tricks
    How to choose the right engine oil for your car | AUTODOC
  • Changing Top mount Nissan Micra K11 1.0 i 16V - Replacement Tips
    How to Make a DIY Foam Sprayer | AUTODOC tips
  • Maintenance Hacks - NISSAN MICRA II (K11) 1.3 i 16V Top strut mount replacement guide
    How to shine your tyres | AUTODOC tips
  • Replace Top mounts on Nissan Micra K11 - free video tips
    Checking the starter without removing it | AUTODOC tips