Important!
This replacement procedure can be used for:
SKODA Fabia I Combi (6Y5) 1.2, SKODA Fabia I Combi (6Y5) 1.4, SKODA Fabia I Combi (6Y5) 1.9 SDI, SKODA Fabia I Combi (6Y5) 1.4 16V, SKODA Fabia I Combi (6Y5) 1.4 16V, SKODA Fabia I Combi (6Y5) 1.9 TDI, SKODA Fabia I Combi (6Y5) 2.0, SKODA Fabia I Combi (6Y5) 1.4, SKODA Fabia I Combi (6Y5) 1.2, SKODA Fabia I Combi (6Y5) 1.4 TDI, SKODA Fabia I Combi (6Y5) 1.4 TDI, SKODA Fabia I Combi (6Y5) 1.4 TDI, SKODA Fabia I Combi (6Y5) 1.4 16V View more

The steps may slightly vary depending on the car design.

How to change gas struts / tailgate struts on SKODA FABIA 1 (6Y5) [TUTORIAL AUTODOC]

video
All the parts you need to replace – Tailgate Struts for Fabia I Combi (6Y5) and other SKODA models
How to change Tailgate strut on Skoda Fabia 6y5 1.4 16V – step-by-step instructions for straightforward car repair
Tailgate strut
How to change Electrical motor, tailgate on Skoda Fabia 6y5 1.4 16V – step-by-step instructions for straightforward car repair
Electrical motor, tailgate
Tools
Replacement: tailgate struts – Skoda Fabia 6Y5. Tools you might need:
Flat Screwdriver
Replacement: tailgate struts – Skoda Fabia 6Y5. AUTODOC recommends:
  • Right and left gas struts of the boot lid should be replaced simultaneously.
  • The replacement procedure is identical for the right and left gas struts of the boot lid.
  • All work should be done with the engine stopped.
Replacement: tailgate struts – Skoda Fabia 6Y5. Use the following procedure:
  1. Step 1
    How to change Tailgate Struts on Skoda Fabia 6y5 2000 - free PDF and video manuals
    Open the boot lid.
  2. Step 2
    How to replace SKODA Fabia I Combi (6Y5) 1.4 16V 2001 Tailgate Struts - step-by-step manuals and video guides
    Release the circlip connecting the gas strut to the car body. Use a flat screwdriver.
  3. Step 3
    Skoda Fabia 6y5 1.9 TDI 2002 Tailgate Struts replacement: free workshop manuals
    Release the circlip connecting the gas strut to the boot lid. Use a flat screwdriver.
    Replacement: tailgate struts – Skoda Fabia 6Y5. Tip:
    To avoid any injuries, be sure to hold the boot lid while demounting the gas struts.
  4. Step 4
    Changing Tailgate Struts on SKODA Fabia I Combi (6Y5) 1.4 2003 by yourself
    Remove the boot lid gas strut.
  5. Step 5
    How to remove SKODA FABIA 1.4 TDI 2004 Tailgate Struts - online easy-to-follow instructions
    Install the new boot lid gas strut.
    Replacement: tailgate struts – Skoda Fabia 6Y5. AUTODOC experts recommend:
    To avoid any injuries, be sure to hold the boot lid while installing the gas strut.
Was this manual helpful?
Please rate this manual on a scale from 1 to 5. If you have any questions, feel free to ask us.
Users voted – 0
Your profile is your personal assistant.

It can track car expenses, keep a car log and replacement schedule, and save favourite materials, notes and documents

Install the AUTODOC CLUB app!
Your personal car expenses manager, maintenance tips, reminders about upcoming appointments and service intervals, DIY repair instructions – all this on your phone.
SKODA Fabia I Combi (6Y5) Tailgate Struts replace by yourself - Scan QR-code and download AUTODOC CLUB app
Scan

To download the app:

• - scan the QR code
  • - download from App Store
  • - download from Google Play
DIY SKODA Fabia I Combi (6Y5) Tailgate Struts replacement - online guide
Tips & tricks for your SKODA Fabia I Combi (6Y5)
View more
  • How to change Tailgate struts on SKODA Fabia I Combi (6Y5) 1.2 - replacement tricks
    Top 5 mistakes when working in the engine bay | AUTODOC tips
  • Changing Boot gas struts Skoda Fabia 6y5 1.4 16V - Replacement Tips
    What causes engine misfire? | AUTODOC
  • Maintenance Hacks - SKODA Fabia I Combi (6Y5) 1.9 TDI Tailgate gas struts replacement guide
    The most common problems when buying a used car | AUTODOC
  • Replace Gas struts on Skoda Fabia 6y5 - free video tips
    Top 5 brake repair mistakes | AUTODOC tips