Important!
This replacement procedure can be used for:
PEUGEOT 208 I Hatchback (CA_, CC_) 1.4 HDi, PEUGEOT 208 I Hatchback (CA_, CC_) 1.6 HDi, PEUGEOT 208 I Hatchback (CA_, CC_) 1.6 HDi, PEUGEOT 208 I Hatchback (CA_, CC_) 1.0, PEUGEOT 208 I Hatchback (CA_, CC_) 1.4 VTi, PEUGEOT 208 I Hatchback (CA_, CC_) 1.6, PEUGEOT 208 I Hatchback (CA_, CC_) 1.2 THP 110, PEUGEOT 208 I Hatchback (CA_, CC_) 1.6 HDi / BlueHDi 75, PEUGEOT 208 I Hatchback (CA_, CC_) 1.6 BlueHDi 100, PEUGEOT 208 I Hatchback (CA_, CC_) 1.6 HDi, PEUGEOT 208 I Hatchback (CA_, CC_) 1.6 HDi, PEUGEOT 208 I Hatchback (CA_, CC_) 1.5 BlueHDI 100 View more

The steps may slightly vary depending on the car design.

How to change rear springs / rear coil springs on PEUGEOT 208 1 (CA_,CC_) [TUTORIAL AUTODOC]

video
All the parts you need to replace – Springs for 208 I Hatchback (CA_, CC_) and other PEUGEOT models
How to change Coil spring on Peugeot 208 Mk1 1.4 HDi – step-by-step instructions for straightforward car repair
Coil spring
How to change Coil spring buffer on Peugeot 208 Mk1 1.4 HDi – step-by-step instructions for straightforward car repair
Coil spring buffer
Tools
Replacement: coil springs – Peugeot 208 1. Tools you need:
Wire brush
WD-40 spray
Copper grease
Drive socket # E12
Wheel impact socket #17
Ratchet wrench
Torque wrench
Tap wrench
Hydraulic transmission jack
Wheel chock
Replacement: coil springs – Peugeot 208 1. Professionals recommend:
  • Both coil springs of the rear suspension should be replaced simultaneously.
  • The replacement procedure is identical for the left and right coil springs of the rear suspension.
  • Warning! Shut down the engine before starting any work – Peugeot 208 1.
Carry out replacement in the following order:
  1. Step 1
    How to change Springs on Peugeot 208 Mk1 2012 - free PDF and video manuals
    Secure the wheels with chocks.
  2. Step 2
    How to replace PEUGEOT 208 I Hatchback (CA_, CC_) 1.4 HDi 2013 Springs - step-by-step manuals and video guides
    Loosen the wheel mounting bolts. Use wheel impact socket #17.
  3. Step 3
    Peugeot 208 Mk1 1.2 VTI 82 2014 Springs replacement: free workshop manuals
    Raise the rear of the car and secure on supports.
  4. Step 4
    Changing Springs on PEUGEOT 208 I Hatchback (CA_, CC_) 1.6 BlueHDi 100 2015 by yourself
    Unscrew the wheel bolts.
    AUTODOC recommends:
    Important! Hold the wheel while unscrewing the fastening bolts. Peugeot 208 1
  5. Step 5
    How to remove PEUGEOT 208 1.0 2016 Springs - online easy-to-follow instructions
    Remove the wheel.
  6. Step 6
    How to replace Springs on PEUGEOT 208 I Hatchback (CA_, CC_) 2017: download PDF manuals and video instructions
    Detach the fastener of the rear axle plastic protecting cover.
  7. Step 7
    How hard is it to do yourself: Springs replacement on Peugeot 208 Mk1 1.4 VTi 2018 - download illustrated guide
    Clean the shock absorber fasteners. Use a wire brush. Use WD-40 spray.
  8. Step 8
    Need to know how to renew Springs on PEUGEOT 208 2019? This free workshop manual will help you to do it yourself
    Support the rear suspension beam. Use a hydraulic transmission jack.
  9. Step 9
    Changing of Springs on Peugeot 208 Mk1 2020 won't be an issue if you follow this illustrated step-by-step guide
    Unscrew the lower fastener of the shock absorber. Use a drive socket #E12. Use a ratchet wrench. Use a tap wrench.
  10. Step 10
    PEUGEOT 208 1.6 Springs replacement: online guides and video tutorials
    Remove the mounting from under the rear axle beam.
    AUTODOC recommends:
    Peugeot 208 1 – Do not lower the transmission jack sharply to avoid damaging components and mechanisms of the car.
  11. Step 11
    Replacing Springs on Peugeot 208 Mk1 2022 1.4 HDi by yourself
    Remove the spring.
  12. Step 12
    208 I Hatchback (CA_, CC_) 1.0 2023 Springs DIY replacement workshop manual
    Clean the coil spring mounting seats. Use a wire brush. Use WD-40 spray.
    Replacement: coil springs – Peugeot 208 1. AUTODOC recommends:
    Inspect the rubber mounts of the suspension spring. Replace if necessary.
  13. Step 13
    How to change Springs on PEUGEOT 208 I Hatchback (CA_, CC_) 2024 - tips and tricks
    Pull down the rear suspension beam.
Was this manual helpful?
Please rate this manual on a scale from 1 to 5. If you have any questions, feel free to ask us.
Users voted – 0
Your profile is your personal assistant.

It can track car expenses, keep a car log and replacement schedule, and save favourite materials, notes and documents

Install the AUTODOC CLUB app!
Your personal car expenses manager, maintenance tips, reminders about upcoming appointments and service intervals, DIY repair instructions – all this on your phone.
PEUGEOT 208 I Hatchback (CA_, CC_) Springs replace by yourself - Scan QR-code and download AUTODOC CLUB app
Scan

To download the app:

• - scan the QR code
  • - download from App Store
  • - download from Google Play
DIY PEUGEOT 208 I Hatchback (CA_, CC_) Springs replacement - online guide
Tips & tricks for your PEUGEOT 208 I Hatchback (CA_, CC_)
View more
  • How to change Springs on PEUGEOT 208 I Hatchback (CA_, CC_) 1.6 HDi - replacement tricks
    3 things to know before buying summer tyres | AUTODOC tips
  • Changing Coil springs Peugeot 208 Mk1 1.4 HDi - Replacement Tips
    Top 5 tips to prevent car rust | AUTODOC tips
  • Maintenance Hacks - PEUGEOT 208 I Hatchback (CA_, CC_) 1.2 VTI 82 Spring replacement guide
    Top 5 brake repair mistakes | AUTODOC tips
  • Replace Suspension spring on Peugeot 208 Mk1 - free video tips
    What to do if your check engine light is on | AUTODOC tips