Important!
This replacement procedure can be used for:
TOYOTA Yaris Hatchback (_P9_) 1.0 VVT-i (KSP90), TOYOTA Yaris Hatchback (_P9_) 1.0 GPL (KSP90_), TOYOTA Yaris Hatchback (_P9_) 1.5 (NCP91_), TOYOTA Yaris Hatchback (_P9_) 1.8 VVTi (ZSP90_), TOYOTA Yaris Hatchback (_P9_) 1.4 D-4D (NLP90_), TOYOTA Yaris Hatchback (_P9_) 1.0 VVT-i (KSP90_), TOYOTA Yaris Hatchback (_P9_) 1.3 VVT-i (NCP90_), TOYOTA Yaris Hatchback (_P9_) 1.3 4WD (NCP92_) View more

The steps may slightly vary depending on the car design.

How to change front headlights on TOYOTA YARIS Mk2 [TUTORIAL AUTODOC]

video
Tools
Replacement: headlights – Toyota Yaris Mk2. Tools you might need:
Electronic spray
Drive socket # 10
Clip removal tool
Ratchet wrench
Phillips screwdriver
Painter's tape
Replacement: headlights – Toyota Yaris Mk2. Tip from AUTODOC:
  • The replacement procedure is identical for the right and left headlight.
  • Please note: all work on the car – Toyota Yaris Mk2 – should be done with the engine switched off.
Carry out replacement in the following order:
  1. Step 1
    Open the hood.
    Step 2
    How to change Headlights on Toyota Yaris Mk2 2005 - free PDF and video manuals
    Lift the car using a jack or place it over an inspection pit.
  2. Step 3
    How to replace TOYOTA Yaris Hatchback (_P9_) 1.4 D-4D (NLP90_) 2006 Headlights - step-by-step manuals and video guides
    Unscrew the lower fasteners of the bumper. Use a drive socket #10.Use a ratchet wrench.
  3. Step 4
    Toyota Yaris Mk2 1.3 VVT-i (SCP90_) 2007 Headlights replacement: free workshop manuals
    Remove the side bumper retainer clips.Use a Phillips screwdriver.Use a clip removal tool.
  4. Step 5
    Changing Headlights on TOYOTA Yaris Hatchback (_P9_) 1.33 VVT-i (NSP90_) 2008 by yourself
    Detach the lockers at the points where they are fastened to the bumper.
  5. Step 6
    How to remove TOYOTA YARIS 1.8 VVTi (ZSP90_) 2009 Headlights - online easy-to-follow instructions
    Lower the car.
  6. Step 7
    How to replace Headlights on TOYOTA Yaris Hatchback (_P9_) 2010: download PDF manuals and video instructions
    Remove the upper bumper retainer clips.Use a clip removal tool.
  7. Step 8
    How hard is it to do yourself: Headlights replacement on Toyota Yaris Mk2 1.0 GPL (KSP90_) 2011 - download illustrated guide
    Stick painter's tape to the car fenders to protect the paintwork from damage when demounting the bumper.
  8. Step 9
    Need to know how to renew Headlights on TOYOTA YARIS 2012? This free workshop manual will help you to do it yourself
    Release the side clips of the bumper.
  9. Step 10
    Carefully release the bumper from the fasteners.
    Step 11
    Changing of Headlights on Toyota Yaris Mk2 2013 won't be an issue if you follow this illustrated step-by-step guide
    Remove the bumper.
    AUTODOC recommends:
    Replacement: headlights – Toyota Yaris Mk2. To avoid damaging the part when removing it, do not use excessive force.
  10. Step 12
    TOYOTA YARIS 1.8 VVTi (KVP91) Headlights replacement: online guides and video tutorials
    Unscrew the headlight fasteners.Use a drive socket #10.Use a ratchet wrench.
  11. Step 13
    Replacing Headlights on Toyota Yaris Mk2 2005 1.4 D-4D (NLP90_) by yourself
    Unplug the connectors of the headlight bulbs.
  12. Step 14
    Yaris Hatchback (_P9_) 1.8 VVTi (ZSP90_) 2006 Headlights DIY replacement workshop manual
    Remove the headlight.
    AUTODOC recommends:
    Replacement: headlights – Toyota Yaris Mk2. Do not use excessive force when removing the part as this may damage it.
  13. Step 15
    How to change Headlights on TOYOTA Yaris Hatchback (_P9_) 2007 - tips and tricks
    Remove the bulbs from the old headlight and install them on the new one.
  14. Step 16
    Step-by-step recommendations for DIY replacement Toyota Yaris Mk2 2008 1.8 VVTi (ZSP90_) Headlights
    Treat the connectors of the headlights.Use electronic spray.
  15. Step 17
    DIY replacement of Headlights on TOYOTA Yaris Hatchback (_P9_) 1.0 VVT-i (KSP90_) 2009 is not an issue anymore with our step-by-step tutorial
    Plug in the connectors of the headlight bulbs.
  16. Step 18
    How to change Headlights on Toyota Yaris Mk2 2005 - free PDF and video manuals
    Install the new headlight.
    AUTODOC recommends:
    Replacement: headlights – Toyota Yaris Mk2. To avoid damaging the part during installation, do not use excessive force.
  17. Step 19
    How to replace TOYOTA Yaris Hatchback (_P9_) 1.4 D-4D (NLP90_) 2006 Headlights - step-by-step manuals and video guides
    Screw in the headlight fasteners.Use a drive socket #10.Use a ratchet wrench.
Was this manual helpful?
Please rate this manual on a scale from 1 to 5. If you have any questions, feel free to ask us.
Users voted – 0
Your profile is your personal assistant.

It can track car expenses, keep a car log and replacement schedule, and save favourite materials, notes and documents

Install the AUTODOC CLUB app!
Your personal car expenses manager, maintenance tips, reminders about upcoming appointments and service intervals, DIY repair instructions – all this on your phone.
TOYOTA Yaris Hatchback (_P9_) Headlights replace by yourself - Scan QR-code and download AUTODOC CLUB app
Scan

To download the app:

• - scan the QR code
  • - download from App Store
  • - download from Google Play
DIY TOYOTA Yaris Hatchback (_P9_) Headlights replacement - online guide
Tips & tricks for your TOYOTA Yaris Hatchback (_P9_)
View more
  • How to change Headlight on TOYOTA Yaris Hatchback (_P9_) 1.0 VVT-i (KSP90_) - replacement tricks
    How and why to check your oil | AUTODOC tips
  • Changing Front lights Toyota Yaris Mk2 1.4 D-4D (NLP90_) - Replacement Tips
    How to repair a bumper yourself | AUTODOC tips
  • Maintenance Hacks - TOYOTA Yaris Hatchback (_P9_) 1.3 VVT-i (SCP90_) Headlight assembly replacement guide
    How to shine your tyres | AUTODOC tips
  • Replace Headlamps on Toyota Yaris Mk2 - free video tips
    Things you should never do with your manual transmission | AUTODOC tips