When to replace the Headlight Bulb on your OPEL VECTRA
Recommended replacement interval for the part category Headlight bulb : 12 month / 15000 km
Important!
This replacement procedure can be used for:
OPEL VECTRA B Hatchback (38_) 1.6 i (F68), OPEL VECTRA B Hatchback (38_) 1.6 i 16V (F68), OPEL VECTRA B Hatchback (38_) 1.8 i 16V (F68), OPEL VECTRA B Hatchback (38_) 2.0 i 16V (F68), OPEL VECTRA B Hatchback (38_) 2.5 i V6 (F68), OPEL VECTRA B Hatchback (38_) 1.7 TD (F68), OPEL VECTRA B Hatchback (38_) 2.0 DI 16V (F68), OPEL VECTRA B Hatchback (38_) 2.0 DTI 16V (F68), OPEL VECTRA B Hatchback (38_) 2.2 DTI 16V (F68), OPEL VECTRA B Hatchback (38_) 1.8 i 16V (F68), OPEL VECTRA B Hatchback (38_) 1.8 i 16V (F68), OPEL VECTRA B Hatchback (38_) 2.2 DTI 16V (F68), OPEL VECTRA B Hatchback (38_) 2.2 i 16V (F68), OPEL VECTRA B Hatchback (38_) 2.6 i V6 (F68), OPEL VECTRA B Hatchback (38_) 1.6 i (F68), OPEL VECTRA B Hatchback (38_) 2.0 i (F68), OPEL VECTRA B Hatchback (38_) 2.5 (F68) View more

The steps may slightly vary depending on the car design.

This video shows the replacement procedure of a similar car part on another vehicle

All the parts you need to replace – Headlight Bulb for VECTRA B Hatchback (38_) and other OPEL models
How to change Headlight bulb on Opel Vectra B CC 1.6 i 16V (F68) – step-by-step instructions for straightforward car repair
Headlight bulb
How to change Bulb, headlight on Opel Vectra B CC 1.6 i 16V (F68) – step-by-step instructions for straightforward car repair
Bulb, headlight
How to change Bulb, spotlight on Opel Vectra B CC 1.6 i 16V (F68) – step-by-step instructions for straightforward car repair
Bulb, spotlight
How to change LED bulb on Opel Vectra B CC 1.6 i 16V (F68) – step-by-step instructions for straightforward car repair
LED bulb
Tools
Replacement: headlight bulb – OPEL VECTRA B Hatchback (38_). Tools you need:
Electronic spray
Drive socket # 7
Torx bit T30
Ratchet wrench
Flat screwdriver
Microfibre towel
Fender cover
Replacement: headlight bulb – OPEL VECTRA B Hatchback (38_). Tip from AUTODOC experts:
  • The replacement procedure is identical for the left and right headlight bulbs.
  • Replace the bulbs in both headlights at a time.
  • All work should be done with the engine stopped.
Replacement: headlight bulb – OPEL VECTRA B Hatchback (38_). Take the following steps:
  1. Step 1
    Switch off the ignition.
    Step 2
    Open the hood.
    Step 3
    Use a fender protection cover to prevent damaging paintwork and plastic parts of the car.
    Step 4
    How to change Headlight Bulb on Opel Vectra B CC 1995 - free PDF and video manuals
    Detach the air intake hose clamp. Use a drive socket #7. Use a ratchet wrench.
  2. Step 5
    How to replace OPEL VECTRA B Hatchback (38_) 1.6 i 16V (F68) 1996 Headlight Bulb - step-by-step manuals and video guides
    Disconnect the air intake pipe from the air filter housing.
  3. Step 6
    Opel Vectra B CC 2.0 DTI 16V (F68) 1997 Headlight Bulb replacement: free workshop manuals
    Cover the air intake hose with a microfibre towel to prevent dust and dirt from getting into the system.
  4. Step 7
    Changing Headlight Bulb on OPEL VECTRA B Hatchback (38_) 1.8 i 16V (F68) 1998 by yourself
    Detach the fasteners connecting the air pipe and the wiring harness to the air filter housing.
  5. Step 8
    How to remove OPEL VECTRA 2.2 DTI 16V (F68) 1999 Headlight Bulb - online easy-to-follow instructions
    Take off the filter lid. Remove the filter element from the filter housing.
  6. Step 9
    How to replace Headlight Bulb on OPEL VECTRA B Hatchback (38_) 2000: download PDF manuals and video instructions
    Unscrew the filter housing fastening bolts. Use Torx T30. Use a ratchet wrench.
  7. Step 10
    How hard is it to do yourself: Headlight Bulb replacement on Opel Vectra B CC 2.2 i 16V (F68) 2001 - download illustrated guide
    Remove the air filter housing.
  8. Step 11
    Need to know how to renew Headlight Bulb on OPEL VECTRA 2002? This free workshop manual will help you to do it yourself
    Detach the bulb holder by turning it by ~30°. Remove the holder from the headlight mounting seat.
  9. Step 12
    Changing of Headlight Bulb on Opel Vectra B CC 2003 won't be an issue if you follow this illustrated step-by-step guide
    Remove the old bulb. Use a flat screwdriver.
  10. Step 13
    Check the condition of the bulb holder terminals. Replace if necessary.
    Step 14
    OPEL VECTRA 2.0 DTI 16V (F68) Headlight Bulb replacement: online guides and video tutorials
    Clean the bulb mounting seat on the holder. Use electronic spray.
  11. Step 15
    Replacing Headlight Bulb on Opel Vectra B CC 1996 1.6 i 16V (F68) by yourself
    Install a new bulb into the holder.
    Replacement: headlight bulb – OPEL VECTRA B Hatchback (38_). AUTODOC recommends:
    Avoid touching the bulb glass. The finger marks left on it may cause failure.
Was this manual helpful?
Please rate this manual on a scale from 1 to 5. If you have any questions, feel free to ask us.
Users voted – 0
Your profile is your personal assistant.

It can track car expenses, keep a car log and replacement schedule, and save favourite materials, notes and documents

Install the AUTODOC CLUB app!
Your personal car expenses manager, maintenance tips, reminders about upcoming appointments and service intervals, DIY repair instructions – all this on your phone.
OPEL VECTRA B Hatchback (38_) Headlight Bulb replace by yourself - Scan QR-code and download AUTODOC CLUB app
Scan

To download the app:

• - scan the QR code
  • - download from App Store
  • - download from Google Play
DIY OPEL VECTRA B Hatchback (38_) Headlight Bulb replacement - online guide
Tips & tricks for your OPEL VECTRA B Hatchback (38_)
View more
  • How to change Headlight Bulb on OPEL VECTRA B Hatchback (38_) 2.0 i 16V (F68) - replacement tricks
    Things you should never do with an automatic transmission | AUTODOC tips
  • Changing Headlight Bulb Opel Vectra B CC 1.6 i 16V (F68) - Replacement Tips
    TOP 5 mistakes when replacing shock absorbers | AUTODOC tips
  • Maintenance Hacks - OPEL VECTRA B Hatchback (38_) 2.0 DTI 16V (F68) Headlight Bulb replacement guide
    DIY car soundproofing | AUTODOC tips
  • Replace Headlight Bulb on Opel Vectra B CC - free video tips
    5 common car washing mistakes | AUTODOC tips

Professional manuals for the most common OPEL models