When to replace the Brake Discs on your RENAULT CLIO
Recommended replacement interval for the part category Brake disc : 50000 km
Important!
This replacement procedure can be used for:
RENAULT CLIO I Box (S57_) 1.9 D, RENAULT CLIO I Box (S57_) 1.9 RND View more

The steps may slightly vary depending on the car design.

This video shows the replacement procedure of a similar car part on another vehicle

All the parts you need to replace – Brake Discs for CLIO I Box (S57_) and other RENAULT models
Tools
Replacement: brake discs – RENAULT CLIO I Box (S57_). Tools you'll need:
Wire brush
WD-40 spray
Brake cleaner
Copper grease
Torx bit T30
Impact socket №18
Wheel impact socket #19
Tap wrench
Ratchet wrench
Torque wrench
Impact screwdriver
Crow bar
Wheel chock
Replacement: brake discs – RENAULT CLIO I Box (S57_). AUTODOC experts recommend:
  • Replace the brake disks on the car RENAULT CLIO I Box (S57_) in complete set for each axis. Regardless of the state of components. This will ensure even braking.
  • The replacement procedure is identical for both brake disks on the same axle.
  • When changing the brake discs, always replace the brake pads.
  • All work should be done with the engine stopped.
Replacement: brake discs – RENAULT CLIO I Box (S57_). Recommended sequence of steps:
  1. Step 1
    Open the bonnet. Unscrew the brake fluid reservoir cap.
    Step 2
    How to change Brake Discs on Renault Clio Van s57 1991 - free PDF and video manuals
    Secure the wheels with chocks.
  2. Step 3
    How to replace RENAULT CLIO I Box (S57_) 1.9 D 1992 Brake Discs - step-by-step manuals and video guides
    Loosen the wheel mounting bolts. Use wheel impact socket #19.
  3. Step 4
    Raise the front of the car and secure on supports.
    Step 5
    Renault Clio Van s57 1.2 1993 Brake Discs replacement: free workshop manuals
    Unscrew the wheel bolts.
    Replacement: brake discs – RENAULT CLIO I Box (S57_). Tip:
    To avoid injury, hold up the wheel when unscrewing the bolts.
  4. Step 6
    Changing Brake Discs on RENAULT CLIO I Box (S57_) 1.1 1994 by yourself
    Remove the wheel.
  5. Step 7
    How to remove RENAULT CLIO 1.9 D 1995 Brake Discs - online easy-to-follow instructions
    Spread the brake pads. Use a crowbar.
  6. Step 8
    How to replace Brake Discs on RENAULT CLIO I Box (S57_) 1996: download PDF manuals and video instructions
    Clean the brake caliper bracket from dirt and dust. Use a wire brush. Use WD-40 spray.
  7. Step 9
    How hard is it to do yourself: Brake Discs replacement on Renault Clio Van s57 1.9 RND 1997 - download illustrated guide
    Unscrew the caliper bracket fastening. Use a drive socket #18. Use a ratchet wrench. Use a tap wrench.
  8. Step 10
    Need to know how to renew Brake Discs on RENAULT CLIO 1998? This free workshop manual will help you to do it yourself
    Remove the brake caliper together with its bracket.
    AUTODOC recommends:
    Tie the caliper to the suspension or to the body with a wire without disconnecting from the brake hose to prevent depressurization of the brake system.Make sure that the brake caliper is not hanging on the brake hose.Don't press the brake pedal after the brake caliper has been removed. As a result, the piston can fall out from the brake cylinder, and brake fluid leakage and depressurization of the system may occur.
  9. Step 11
    Changing of Brake Discs on Renault Clio Van s57 1991 won't be an issue if you follow this illustrated step-by-step guide
    Unscrew the brake disc fastening. Use Torx T30. Use an impact screwdriver.
  10. Step 12
    RENAULT CLIO 1.9 D Brake Discs replacement: online guides and video tutorials
    Remove the brake disc.
  11. Step 13
    Replacing Brake Discs on Renault Clio Van s57 1993 1.9 D by yourself
    Clean the hub. Use a wire brush. Treat the contacting surface. Use copper grease.
  12. Step 14
    CLIO I Box (S57_) 1.9 D 1994 Brake Discs DIY replacement workshop manual
    Install the new brake disc on the hub and tighten the screws.
Was this manual helpful?
Please rate this manual on a scale from 1 to 5. If you have any questions, feel free to ask us.
Users voted – 0
Your profile is your personal assistant.

It can track car expenses, keep a car log and replacement schedule, and save favourite materials, notes and documents

Install the AUTODOC CLUB app!
Your personal car expenses manager, maintenance tips, reminders about upcoming appointments and service intervals, DIY repair instructions – all this on your phone.
RENAULT CLIO I Box (S57_) Brake Discs replace by yourself - Scan QR-code and download AUTODOC CLUB app
Scan

To download the app:

• - scan the QR code
  • - download from App Store
  • - download from Google Play
DIY RENAULT CLIO I Box (S57_) Brake Discs replacement - online guide
Tips & tricks for your RENAULT CLIO I Box (S57_)
View more
  • How to change Brake rotors on RENAULT CLIO I Box (S57_) 1.9 RND - replacement tricks
    Car checks you need to carry out on your car after the winter | AUTODOC tips
  • Changing Brake disc Renault Clio Van s57 1.9 D - Replacement Tips
    How to save when buying car parts
  • Maintenance Hacks - RENAULT CLIO I Box (S57_) 1.2 Brake disc kit replacement guide
    5 tools that make car repair incredibly simple | AUTODOC tips
  • Replace Disc brake set on Renault Clio Van s57 - free video tips
    Petrol or diesel? What's the difference between these engines? | AUTODOC