AUTODOC FORUM / Car discussions by make / VW / VW steering wheel light – What could be the problem?

Back to topics

VW steering wheel light – What could be the problem?
VW SHARAN (7N1, 7N2)

• @Courst Apr 08, 2021

Any ideas what the problem could be with my VW steering wheel light?

The release bearings went on my car and it lost power. I was able to restart it but the clutch wasn’t working and the steering was very heavy.

I brought the car to get the release bearings repaired and the garage cleared the steering wheel fault code and the power steering was working again. When I was driving it home later, the steering wheel warning light came on again and the steering was very heavy. The power steering is gone again.

Does anyone know what’s causing this? I’d like to have any idea before I bring it back to the garage. I tried locking the steering wheel right and then left while driving at around 10 mph and it didn’t help.

I don’t understand why the power steering started working again when the error code was cleared.

It has around 120,000 miles on the clock and hasn’t had any issues like this before. It only started after the release bearings went.

I’d appreciate any suggestions! Cheers

Here are the relevant fault codes:
    01-Engine — Status: Malfunction 0010
    Steering Assist — Status: Malfunction 0010

Started

Latest reply

Replies

Views

• @Lossinat Apr 14, 2021

The steering rack will probably need to be replaced because the G269 sensor is inside it and cannot be repaired.

Only registered users may reply to topics and posts

Install the AUTODOC CLUB app!

Your personal car expenses manager, maintenance tips, reminders about upcoming appointments and service intervals, DIY repair instructions – all this on your phone.

Autodoc CLUB app qr-code
Scan

To download the app:

Autodoc CLUB App icon