AUTODOC FORUM / Car discussions by make / PEUGEOT / switch repair air vent contoll rotarry on dash

Back to topics

switch repair air vent contoll rotarry on dash
PEUGEOT 5008 (0U_, 0E_)

• @alwillfixit Apr 12, 2021
    i cannot see how i can get to the switch to repair or replace any help please

Started

Latest reply

Replies

Views

• @Anna Johnson Apr 21, 2021
    AUTODOC expert
    The instruction for removing the steering column switch.
    1. Set the wheels exactly like this I I. Remove the clamp + from the battery and wait 10 minutes (you can prepare the tool and remove the steering wheel cover).
    2. Pull the steering wheel as much as possible towards you and up.
    3. Take the Torx 15 head and unscrew the two screws from the bottom
    4. The upper casing is held on latches, wring out, and remove.
    5. Take a flat long screwdriver and push it into the hole on the side of the steering wheel. The tip of the screwdriver is parallel to the ground. 
    Feel how something bends there. At the moment when bent as much as possible pull the pillow towards yourself  (it should bounce off one side).
    Do the same on the other side. The main thing is not to tear the pillow on yourself, because the trains to the pillow are short and there is a chance to tear them off.
    6. Use a small flat screwdriver to pick out the loop retainer,
    Pull from the connector ONLY for what is shown by the black arrow, pull on the cable itself and you will tear it off. Remove a total of 2 loops + 1 ground wire.
    7. Remove the pillow and put it away somewhere.
    8. Take Torx 50+ normal crank. Unscrew the bolt (large central) HALF (1.5-2 turns). Remove the Torx and knock on the back of the steering wheel with your fist (as an option, grab the steering wheel and pull on yourself not much) When you see that the steering wheel is removed, unscrew the Torx 50 bolt to the end. Pull the loop out of the hole in the steering wheel and only then put the steering wheel aside
    9. Disconnect all connectors from the back. Unscrew the bolt by 10 (like a clamp-like this) with a flat screwdriver, carefully lift the French plastic, and remove the block.
    The photo with the black arrow attached below.
    • @alwillfixit @Anna Johnson Apr 30, 2021
      THANKS FOR THE REPLY BUT ITS THE SWITCH  ON THE DASH THAT HAS A BUTTON AND TURN FOR THE AIR VENT CONTROALS THANKS AGAIN

Only registered users may reply to topics and posts

Install the AUTODOC CLUB app!

Your personal car expenses manager, maintenance tips, reminders about upcoming appointments and service intervals, DIY repair instructions – all this on your phone.

Autodoc CLUB app qr-code
Scan

To download the app:

Autodoc CLUB App icon