AUTODOC FORUM / Car discussions by make / SSANGYONG / Sidelights are illuminating on the one side

Back to topics

Sidelights are illuminating on the one side
SSANGYONG REXTON (Y400)

• @Causighim Sep 24, 2020
    I arrived, switched off the car and turn off the central locking system with the button on the key and went home. After a couple of hours, I looked out of the window and saw that the sidelights on the driver’s side were turned on. I looked at the front of the car and saw the same thing that one of the DRL was turned on from the driver’s side. I open the car, the “wheel” was turned on in the car, I turned it to “off” and the sidelights blinked off. Closed the car and the sidelights didn’t illuminate. What was it? I read on the Internet that there is a feature of  Opel if you switched off the car with a turn signal turned on, then the sidelight can light up on the side where the turn signal is turned on. Perhaps the same thing has happened with my car? But I didn’t touch the turn signal after I turned off the light.

Started

Latest reply

Replies

Views

• @Upoices Sep 25, 2020
     This is a feature of Opel: if the right turn signal is turned on and the car is closed, the right sidelight will light up. If the Left one = then the left sidelight is lighting. 
  • @Youggs Oct 03, 2020
    Such things happen almost in all cars.

Only registered users may reply to topics and posts

Install the AUTODOC CLUB app!

Your personal car expenses manager, maintenance tips, reminders about upcoming appointments and service intervals, DIY repair instructions – all this on your phone.

Autodoc CLUB app qr-code
Scan

To download the app:

Autodoc CLUB App icon