AUTODOC FORUM / Car discussions by make / BMW / Problems with my BMW 5 xdrive (E60) 530 258 HP – I need advice

Back to topics

Problems with my BMW 5 xdrive (E60) 530 258 HP – I need advice
BMW 5 Saloon (E60)

• @ Thattles Apr 06, 2021

Hey guys, first-timer here, having BMW xDrive problems. I bought my first BMW 5 E60, a 2009 530 drive, about a week ago and now it’s juddering on acceleration and cornering. After doing a bit of research I’m fairly sure it must be an issue with the drive transfer box. The company that sold it to me will cover the expenses, but I don’t know where I can bring it for drive repair or refurbishment.

Started

Latest reply

Replies

Views

• @Trince Apr 08, 2021

Does the car have the right size tires and are the wheels fitted correctly? If the front and back profiles are different they need to be appropriate or it will affect the car’s stability and activate traction control.

• @Wilapplen Apr 08, 2021

Yes, the wrong size tyres or incorrect fitting can affect the drive.

The dealer can perform diagnostics on it for you in any case and see if that’s what causing the issue
    I had higher-profile tyres fitted in the rear that caused drive problems so you should make sure you have the staggered tyre sizes recommended by BMW fitted.

Only registered users may reply to topics and posts

Install the AUTODOC CLUB app!

Your personal car expenses manager, maintenance tips, reminders about upcoming appointments and service intervals, DIY repair instructions – all this on your phone.

Autodoc CLUB app qr-code
Scan

To download the app:

Autodoc CLUB App icon