AUTODOC FORUM / Car discussions by make / MERCEDES-BENZ / Problems with ignition in the morning

Back to topics

Problems with ignition in the morning
MERCEDES-BENZ A-Class (W168)

• MERCEDES-BENZ A-Class (W168) A 160 (168.033, 168.133)
    @MARKO Jan 19, 2021
    Hi!
     I have a problem with my car when i turn it on engine in the morning ,
    when the temperatures are low, when I start the car in the morning, it does not hold a minimum, I have to keep the gas pressed manually, because otherwise the car turns off.
    during the day i dont have this problem.

Started

Latest reply

Replies

Views

• @Hisis1943 Jan 23, 2021
    As a rule, the main reason that the engine starts and immediately begins to stall, or does not start at all, is a malfunction of the idle speed control. This is especially evident in domestic cars.
    How it is possible to diagnose a malfunction of the idle speed controller
    You stopped for 5 minutes, after a long ride, naturally, the engine is hot. After that, you try to start the engine, but the engine will not start, or it will start and immediately stall. Even if the engine is started, the normal idle speed is not set immediately, but only after pressing the gas pedal more than once.
    2. The same situation can occur on a cold engine. The first time the engine starts up and immediately stalls, and the second time it works normally.
    3. Whatever the engine is, hot or cold, it starts only when the gas pedal is depressed.
    4. The situation is the same as in point 3, but the accelerator pedal must be held constantly until the engine warms up or the car starts moving.
    5. You braked sharply, and the car suddenly stalled, when you restart the idle speed is kept within normal limits.
    6. Suspension of idle speed in the overestimated range from 1500 to 2000 rpm and only after re-gasification do they return to normal values
    Therefore, if your car’s engine starts up and immediately starts to stall, try immediately flushing the throttle assembly and idle speed control. If that doesn’t help, just replace the IAC and that’s it.
    The next reason that the engine starts and immediately stalls is a malfunction of the injector. Since most modern cars have a forced fuel injection system, this malfunction is very common.
    What should be avoided when operating injection vehicles
     Do not disconnect the battery while the engine is running.
    2. Try to play as little as possible with lighting, and in general, handle food as carefully as possible. Injection vehicles are very sensitive to such manipulations.
    3. Try not to disconnect the ground on the car. Although I turn off the mass in my car in winter, if I do not drive for a long time, and so far I have not noticed any discomfort in operation, although many experts say that it is possible to erase information in a computer. It’s just that while starting the engine, I try to keep the car idling for up to 3 minutes.
    4. Injection vehicles do not like chargers and starting devices very much, since when using them, the voltage jumps significantly and the ECU can burn out.
    5. If a neutralizer is provided in the vehicle design, try not to start the car by towing or pushing from a hill, as unburned fuel is formed, which, getting into the converter, can ignite spontaneously.
    6. Do not allow water to enter the injector, this is absolutely contraindicated. To do this, change the fuel filters in a timely manner, fill in high-quality gasoline.
    7. If an L – probe and a neutralizer are installed on the car, then already think about whether you should risk using leaded gasoline. When using such gasoline, the L – probe, in addition to the fact that it can quickly break down, it will transmit incorrect data to the ECU, indicating a large amount of oxygen, and this, to put it mildly, is not very good, as it can lead to local overheating of the engine …

Only registered users may reply to topics and posts

Install the AUTODOC CLUB app!

Your personal car expenses manager, maintenance tips, reminders about upcoming appointments and service intervals, DIY repair instructions – all this on your phone.

Autodoc CLUB app qr-code
Scan

To download the app:

Autodoc CLUB App icon