AUTODOC FORUM / Car discussions by make / MERCEDES-BENZ / Engine mount installation

Back to topics

Engine mount installation
MERCEDES-BENZ B-Class (W245)

• MERCEDES-BENZ B-Class (W245) B 170 (245.232)
    @Dev Jul 06, 2022
    HI, 
    My B 170 W245 2008 is making light knocking noise during slow reverse while turning the steering to left or right. The mechanic has narrowed down to engine mounting to be replaced. I did replace the mounting 2 yrs back, suprise it damaged so soon as I don’t use my car daily. 
    Anyway I have been told that the engine mount need to be replaced by lifting the engine at a certain angle, is this info correct? I don’t recall my previous mechanic doing this way.
    It will be helpful if someone could advise or forward a video link on how to install the car mounting the correct way.
    As for the noise, I hope my mechanic is right, as my strut mount bearing, the cv & drive shaft are all good. Could there be any other reason besides the engine mount?
    Your guidence will be very much appreciated.
    tks
    dev

Started

Latest reply

Replies

Views

Only registered users may reply to topics and posts

Install the AUTODOC CLUB app!

Your personal car expenses manager, maintenance tips, reminders about upcoming appointments and service intervals, DIY repair instructions – all this on your phone.

Autodoc CLUB app qr-code
Scan

To download the app:

Autodoc CLUB App icon