AUTODOC FORUM / Car discussions by make / VW / Auxiliary heater for VW?

Back to topics

Auxiliary heater for VW?
VW Golf Sportsvan (AM1, AN1)

• @Tover1967 Apr 09, 2021

Hi there. I’ve just bought a 2014 Golf SV and I’m wondering about this VW auxiliary heater. I have automatic climate control and it has a button for an auxiliary heater. I’ve checked the owner’s manual but I’m having trouble figuring out how it works.

The manual mentions a remote control but I don’t have one. Should I? Any info about how it all works would be great, thanks!

Started

Latest reply

Replies

Views

• @Reaughtere Apr 14, 2021

As far as I know, cars for the UK market don’t usually come with an auxiliary heater. I think it’s only available in Nordic countries or Germany. Does the manual mention it as an option in certain markets maybe? Do you definitely have a button for it?

I think it’s a heating system powered by petrol or diesel that hears up the water in the cooling system, and so warms the engine up when you’re still in your garage before you venture out into sub-zero temperatures, which is why it isn’t really a thing in the UK! If you do have one then the car should also come with remote control for it.

Only registered users may reply to topics and posts

Install the AUTODOC CLUB app!

Your personal car expenses manager, maintenance tips, reminders about upcoming appointments and service intervals, DIY repair instructions – all this on your phone.

Autodoc CLUB app qr-code
Scan

To download the app:

Autodoc CLUB App icon